Sign in to follow this  
goodwinlabs

Another happy customer: The Apple iBook

So yeah, I got my ibook last night, and I love it so much. The interface is so wonderful (my high school back home had macs in the lab, we got to play with osX when it first came out, but this is much nicer now) and I am so very happy. Everyone in my dorm comes by and they're amazed at how small the 12inch ibook is and it has already proven terribly useful in getting my presentation for my class today (big end of semester one) and I would have done so much more running around and beating my head against my desktop (who does his job well, but can't come with me to help out). The only thing yet to determine is wether or not my new baby can handle playing WoW. It's been patching all day cause the download is slow with the school's firewall messing with the bittorrent WoW uses and whatnot. So soon I should be able to check, and if that works well, then I shall be set.

Just curous, what sort of apps would be handy (and not expensive) to use on my ibook? so far I installed:

firefox, iWork, adium, colloquy, and skype.

Congratulations; an iBook is a great first Mac. You have a good list of applications there but I would certainly add Quicktime Pro, it's well worth the cost.

A more comprehensive list can be found here.

WoW should work fine on it. and congrats with ur first mac. every1 who sees my mini and what it can do are always amazing they always say "WOW that little box there can do all that?"

As for programs you might want to get delocalizer and get rid all of ur addional languages that you don't need. its free and can free up about 2gb of space which is really handy on a ibook

To speed up your BitTorrent connection, tell BitTorrent to use a port other than the default. Use something like 16889.

Fist off wats WoW? And some Utilities is Maintenance 3.1 off the Automator side of Apple's website, iPresent it makes iPod custom slideshows, Handbrake for DVD ripping and iSquint for video conversion for the Vpod (5th Gen iPod) Senuti for iPod music/video extraction which are all great iPod utilities, But for GUI altering Transparent dock and Shapeshifter are great. Also Automator is a great app to use, if have any problems with it or any workflows issues you can ask me. Also enjoy your new iBook. If your looking for other apps www.macupdate.com and versiontracker.com have some.

Fist off wats WoW?

WoW == World of Warcraft