Sign in to follow this  
eXtreme

The switch goes on

So guys i thought i would update you with my swithching to apple story.

About a year ago i had no apple products what so ever but was getting more and more into them. As my music collection vastly over grew my Creative MuVo2 i decided it was time to change so that was when i first got my 4G iPod photo. I knew they where nice but i never imagined how nice they actully are, it worked like a dream. After that i started watching a load of keynotes and was just amazed by all the products. My windows machine was really doing my head in at the time and after a trip to the local Apple store i decided to take the plunge in and get a Mac mini. Well what a buy that was. Like my iPod everything worked fantastic and everyday i learnt more and more that made OS X the perfect OS for me

My dad then said he wanted a MP3 player for his holidays and knowing that he is not great with computers (just about loads it up and plays solitare) i thought that there is only 1 thing that is easy enought for him to use. So as an eary christmas present i got him a 2gb Nano. Next, my mate offer me £180 (about $250) for my 4G iPod, i acepted and then got a 60gb 5G iPod. which i love

That was my story, until yersterday where my Mac collection grew even futher when i purchased a 14" iBook and 1.5gb RAM. Now my story is complete and these wont be the last apple products i buy but thats it for the more expensive items.

So thats my story, in a year i have gone from nothing to 3 iPods and 2 Mac computers, What a switch lol

Very interesting story. I did sort of the same thing... got an iPod mini and then had to have a Power Mac. A few weeks ago, I got an iPod with video (30 GB).

Congratulations on the new purchase of the iBook. I want a Powerbook, but I just do not have the money to throw at it at the moment. I am going to have to save up for a while.

ya i would of loved a powerbook but that is just to expencive for me, if i had that kind of money i would rather buy a iMac. This iBook is just what i need. The only downside is the screen. i thought it was a bit better than it acctully is. I am not to bothered about it as it looks good most of the time but it can be a bit pixaly at times.

BTW, would the iBook work ok if i changed the resolution to 1260x1024 as that is what i am used to but seeing how the native resolution is 1024x768 i don't think it would be ok. anyway any thoughts on that would be great

Also now i have brought it would it be possible to get a hardrive upgrade as i only have 60gb which is fine for now but maybe in a few months or a year i may need more

Very interesting story. I did sort of the same thing... got an iPod mini and then had to have a Power Mac. A few weeks ago, I got an iPod with video (30 GB).

Congratulations on the new purchase of the iBook. I want a Powerbook, but I just do not have the money to throw at it at the moment. I am going to have to save up for a while.

well whats funny is, I have a powerbook, but I wnated a iBook. its beacause i could sacrafice screen space so I could plug in a 10 inch flast screen lcd tv.

But, I',m not whining and the Powerbook G4 is really great. just want a superdrive....

well whats funny is, I have a powerbook, but I wnated a iBook. its beacause i could sacrafice screen space so I could plug in a 10 inch flast screen lcd tv.

But, I',m not whining and the Powerbook G4 is really great. just want a superdrive....

well to be honest i was never bothered about a SuoerDrive but my iBook has one built in but thats only because i didn't want to wait a week for a custom iBook that only has a smal saving on it

I really would like to get a Powerbook, but I do not have the money right now. I would sell my Dell Inspiron 8500 and apply the money to a Powerbook, but I need it for software development work that I am doing. I am going to try and start saving some money from the side job that I have going and get that Powerbook this year.