Sign in to follow this  
iBasden

Embarassed

Would you?  

26 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Would you be embarassed to have a non-iPod mp3 player?

For example, I love Sperry shoes. For me, having an mp3 player that isn't an iPod would be like having a no-name brand knock off Sperry shoe.

not everybody can afford ipods and not everybody needs the itunes or mac compatability. this is a pretty arrogant question. i am kind of embarassed this was brought up in the forum. i think that with age, brand loyalty tends to go out the window. for instance, your shoes. if i like a pair of shoes but find something simmilar that i like that is cheaper, i will go with the cheaper one. especially if that affords me the oppertunity to use the residual money for a good cause such as paying bills or providing for a family.

It was just a question, and I don't appreciate being called arrogant.

I don't see it as a problem at all. With all the issues my friends had with iPods on WXP I held off until I got my PowerBook. I used to have a Sony HD which was a fine piece of machinery (though nothing compared the sheer quality and design of Apple it looked and worked "fine") with bad software. I also have a cheap flash thing (unbranded), 2 MiniDisk players (both Sony) and a Samsung personal CD player. I still use these when my iPod dies on me and I forget to charge it. I'm not embarassed.

I am so happy with my iPods that I would never switch back, but I don't think the others are bad choices at all in many other situations; in fact they are often a better choice than getting an iPod for the sake of the brand name. For example; a Shuffle is £69 in the UK, where I have seen many "High Street" retailers selling Samsung and unbranded equivelants for around £20; for someone on a budget or for kids I don't think there is a choice there is there?

show me a better player especially with a better pric ratio per GB and I might chose it over the iPod but I think for years the iPod will be for me the player to get

so at the moment yes I would be embarrased or at least try to hide it if I carry it in public

I'm actually a little embarrassed having an actual iPod because people think I'm just trying to be trendy. That's one of the reasons I'm glad to have replaced the telltale white earbuds with better headphones; they sound better and don't make me look as if I'm trying to look "cool."

i use an old sony md, am i embarassed? no wouldnt that be a bit vain, does the fact a that is an antique with a thoudand scratchs bother me, no course not, i actually quite like it still, yeah i know the software sucks and i never know whats on any on my disks and more oftern or not i pick up last weaks photographic culture lecture indtead of hendrix, but im kinda attached to it now, and the first scratch on any shinny new ipod would bother me a whole lot more than the the old md. it a interesting question though,

"With our iPods we are so cool we are above anything else :D "

I wish the ipod allowed you to put files on it without needing itunes, a plane file browser on the ipod would be good.

I wish the ipod allowed you to put files on it without needing itunes, a plane file browser on the ipod would be good.

It depends what you mean with this comment.

If you mean putting MP3s on the iPod and then listining to them ok that is not possible and to be honest with you I much more perfer iTunes to automatically sync my library to the iPod bring many advantages like having you playlists, changing the rating of songs etc.

But you actually can use the iPod to store other files as an external harddrive.

So you can put CD images, documents whatever on the Ipod any take it anywhere you like.

Just enable harddrive mode in iTunes, iPod preferences (if you use Windows not sure on Mac)

It depends what you mean with this comment.

If you mean putting MP3s on the iPod and then listining to them ok that is not possible and to be honest with you I much more perfer iTunes to automatically sync my library to the iPod bring many advantages like having you playlists, changing the rating of songs etc.

That's what I want because it's easier to orgonise, id3 tags are oftne incorrect.

show me a better player especially with a better pric ratio per GB and I might chose it over the iPod but I think for years the iPod will be for me the player to get

so at the moment yes I would be embarrased or at least try to hide it if I carry it in public

in my eyes its not a better player, but as for price per GB he is the first on i found. it took all of 30 seconds to find at best buy

Creative Labs - Zen Touch 40GB $249

you want me to look for more?

in my eyes its not a better player, but as for price per GB he is the first on i found. it took all of 30 seconds to find at best buy

Creative Labs - Zen Touch 40GB $249

you want me to look for more?

well ok, i give you the point on price per GB and for an MP3 player.

But then invest $50 and allright its only 30 GB, but you get a Colour screen, far better design, and video.

Just the crisp colour screen compared to the Zen Touch is already worth to me $50 more. I guess it can be an endless discussion.

But there is one thing for a fact, (correct me if I am wrong)

There is no other player out there offering the same or more featues than the iPod at its price per GB ratio.

And this is how I don't understand how creative will ever beat apple.

The Zen Vision M, has better features, but it is more expensive, thicker, and the design sucks.

No chance.

i really want an iPod but i think might just get a really small mp3 player for $30 Australian, (about $20 US)

just so i can listen to music.

What, 1 CD worth? You'd be better off with one of those CD players that plays mp3's.

I wouldn't be embarressed to have another MP3 player but i don't know another MP3 that works so well with iTunes

It was just a question, and I don't appreciate being called arrogant.

your question was called arrogant. iPods are pretty iconic so its like the national icon of mp3 players but apple has made it sleek and simple what people want, it really comes down to what you want and need, like i dont need 30 gigs of music (10 would be good for me) but I want video, hence my descision for a 5th gen iPod.