Sign in to follow this  
alexsantos

Command I (aka send a web page via email) and more…

Since we were on the subject on the maccast I thought I would send a little insight on this.

Command (Apple key) I - Using this keystroke combination from safari will send the entire page as you see it, sort of WYSIWYG to the recipient. Now if you use Command Shift I it will send only the link. So those are two.

You can also try something else.

You can print your web page to a file and send that file directly to a friend. I think it's great! Here is how you can do it:

Command P to get the print sheet and o the lower left you can see a PDF button which is actually a drop down menu with all sorts of wonderful PDF options, choose what you find most useful but there is one to email the PDF which is created. It will go directly to mail and place the Safari page in the form of a PDF (you can do this from ANY application in OSX, not just Safari) for you and then you just need to type the email address.

All great stuff…

In the case of Command I the recipient may need to select LOAD IMAGES in the mail app.

Enjoy!

Hi Alex,

I'm not really a macgeek or any other sort of geek, but I try to augment my slender knowledge whenever I can.

As regards this keyboard shortcut (Command I) for changing a Safari page to an e-mail, well... nothing happened when I tried it. Except that nasty little noise.

I have a PowerMac G5. Any ideas?

Thanks!

My ignorance is shameful.  Please explain the difference between Mail.app and Entourage...

We all come into this world completely ignorant of everything. There is no shame in not knowing about something, shame comes in if you choose to remain ignorant.

Mail.app is the Mail program provided by Apple and always installed with OS X.

Entourage is an alternative mail program for OS X from Microsoft, and it would not be present on your computer unless you have installed it.

It's my impression that Entourage is mostly used by those who need to get their mail from a Microsoft Exchange mail server instead of using a mail server that is not specifically infested with Microsoft software.

We all come into this world completely ignorant of everything.

Actually, this is not true. When I came into this world, I was not ignorant to the fact, that it was damn cold out there and somebody better cover me up before I get pissed. Nope.. too late... the baby has lungs! :D