Sign in to follow this  
Tom.landy

MacWorld 2006

well gouge my eyes out and call me crazy, if it isn't almost January again. Last thing I knew our lord Steve was stood atop his podium revealing the mac mini and now we've had a rollercoaster of a year with a completly new model for every mac released and upgraded...

So whats really coming in 1 month? Think Secret has a new Widescreen iBook, an Intel based Laptop or a mac mini media centre(possibly TIVO equiv). Other sources are looking at wireless iPods, an official apple ipod sounddock and were all still waiting on some news from apple, some hint to the future.

What do you want from our fave CEO next month, and I really doubt the newton is one of theh items coming and I still really want to see a tablet mac, and maybe a propper vider ipod and maybe a ... and a ...

I want an eMac G5.

I want an eMac G5.

The eMacs were cut from the consumer line..Doubt it.

I want an eMac G5.

I wouldn't count on it, but we will probably see a low end iMac in that price range. It probably won't come at MacWorld, but whenever the Intel iMacs come out.

I definitely want a way to integrate my cable, tv, computer, and ipod. A tivo equivalent would be great, but iTunes also needs to branch out to other networks like ABC and The WB. Not to mention the iTunes-Hollywood options. Maybe a Netflicks like iTunes store.

A G5 powerbook would be nice.

They haven't updated them in a while.

i want some Apple "office" software and of course free Apple wireless 10Gb/sec broadband access worldwide ;)

I want an eMac G5.

I wouldn't count on it, but we will probably see a low end iMac in that price range. It probably won't come at MacWorld, but whenever the Intel iMacs come out.

Apple is going compact and a big all in one like the eMac wouldn't go with that. I love my emac, but it is a little big.

i want some Apple "office" software...

Oh man, you said exactly what I'm hoping for. :wink:

I want an eMac G5.

why?

The eMac is cool.

i want some Apple "office" software

Hopefully iWork '06 will include a spreadsheet app.

I want an eMac G5.

why?

The eMac is cool.

I love my eMac... I think they should totally re-do the design. I don't care if it's for education only, I get a homeschool discount :)

I want an eMac G5.

why?

The eMac is cool.

I love my eMac... I think they should totally re-do the design. I don't care if it's for education only, I get a homeschool discount :)

The design is the best part. And with a G5 it would kick some CENSORED.

I want an eMac G5.

why?

The eMac is cool.

Just out of curiosity, is the homeschool discount any better than the normal K-12 or the college one?

regular

withouthsd3kh.th.jpg

homeschool

withsd1ty.th.jpg

YEah, it's the same discount as the k-12 thing

i would like to see a 15" powerbook with an intel chip. Since I really doubt that will happen I hope they at least release some intel powered mac and give a roadmap for the intel products. I also kinda hope that they start a new look for powerbooks just because while the current powerbooks are awesome I want people to know that I have the latest and greates when they finally release the intel powerbook and I buy one. I also hope they take the design and carry that to the lcd's.

I don't know what I want from the Macworld Expo, but I'm thinking they'll release an iBook or Powerbook with a built-in iSight. I don't think it will be Intel-based though.

I'm sure iWork '06 will be released with a new application, and I think a spreadsheet app is next in line for inclusion.

let me ramble a bit, about powerbook vs ibook

If apple release an intel powerbook in jan two things will happen, 1. everyone will want one, 2. the 12' will disapear

if apple release an intel ibook then 1. the processor will be so weak that a 1.5ghz ppcG4 will be better than it so a powerbook is still a viable choice and 2. this will single handidly cripple the ibook for a long time.

the mac mini media centre has no advantage for an intel chip unless apple is planning to bait us. I mean if the mini was designed to convert the masses to the mac and most sales were to the current community, then a mac mini media centre will have the same result, mainly because everyone will want an intel based mac, and this just might cripple the supply for months when everyone wants one...

just a few thoughts...

A tivo equivalent would be great, but iTunes also needs to branch out to other networks like ABC and The WB.

Disney is the first company that iTMS had a deal with. They own ABC. Where do you think Lost is shown? :wink:

They need to try and do a deal with CBS, but I do not see that happening because of how CBS is handling their own content. Time will tell whose models works best, of course.

A tivo equivalent would be great, but iTunes also needs to branch out to other networks like ABC and The WB.

Disney is the first company that iTMS had a deal with. They own ABC. Where do you think Lost is shown? :wink:

They need to try and do a deal with CBS, but I do not see that happening because of how CBS is handling their own content. Time will tell whose models works best, of course.

What I meant is that they need more ABC shows. They have only two active ABC shows, and one canceled one. But, CBS would also be a welcome addition. For iTunes to be a real player in the tv or movie market they need to offer more than just a handful of shows.

For iTunes to be a real player in the tv or movie market they need to offer more than just a handful of shows.

I completely agree and I think Kerry does too, but it takes time. More were added this week (or last week, can't remember now it's all a blur) and they will continue to try and add deals. It can't happen overnight unfortunatly as both parties have the other over a barrel, but I am sure it will happen over time as the plan is already rolling.