Sign in to follow this  

Adam Christenson vs. Dr. Octopus

Adam Christenson vs. Dr. Octopus  

18 members have voted

1. 1.

• Adam would totally kick the heck out of Dr. Octopus.
    • Dr. Octopus would tear Adam to shreads.
    • Nobody but bitter, old, Republican, soccer mom housewives would watch that show anyway, so it wouldn't matter.
    • Adam would totally win, but he'd have to call on the Justice League for help.
    • What is wrong with the air in Philadelphia?? Is this even a serious question??

So if Adam were walking down the street and Dr. Octopus jumped out of nowhere and threatened to turn the MacCast into a syndicated show on ABC where a team of five dynamic women of different ages, experiences and backgrounds discussed the most exciting events of the day, who do you think would win? Keep in mind in this example Adam is really good friends with the Justice League.

- MT

So far it looks like Adam can do anything he wants to, even defeat Dr. Octopus!

- MT

This obviously isn't a serious question

So I'd say Adam would win.

This obviously isn't a serious question

So I'd say Adam would win.

How can you say that? Have you personally seen Dr. Octopus? How do you know that he doesn't exist? Additionally, how do you know that he doesn't live in California? Personally, if I relied on eight mechanical arms to work all the time, I wouldn't live in an area where the snow and rain would rust them.

As far as any of us know, Dr. Octopus (or someone like him) may exist and he may very well be a fan or a foe of the MacCast.

- MT

MT... you need to stay away from the mushrooms and don't eat the big white mint. :lol:

MT... you need to stay away from the mushrooms and don't eat the big white mint. :lol:

You know... it could be true and WHO will be laughing then? :)

- MT

Torbin; whatever is wrong with you is no little thing.

:P

Dude,

This is so wrong I can't even express it in words. Wait...Yes, I can...

First, everyone knows that company cross-overs only produce contrived plots meant to rake in scads of cash for THE MAN. Even if Adam did defeat Dr. Octavius on his own, it plays no relavance to our universe because, we'd have to create some amalgam of DC's, Marvel's, and our own universes to make the whole thing happen, then at the end of the story no one would even remember anything about it. Maybe this has happened already and we don't remember, hmm. :? Dumb contrived plots...grrr

Second, there is no way the JLA could defeat Dr. Octopus. It is common knowledge that the Marvel Universe is simply superior to DC's. Doc Oc would put the smackdown on Supes, W.W., Batman, and the Green Meanie. Adam would really be on his own because of the simple inferiority of DC. :? Stupid inferior DC Universe...grr

Third, the Justice League is going through a serious Identity Crisis and probably wouldn't be able to agree on who to send to help Adam. They'd all show up at once and probably end up fighting each other. :? Dumb JLA Identity Crisis...grr

Adam needs to pick his friends more carefully. The JLA is full of backstabbing, brooding "heroes." Spider-man would be a better friend. He's got more angst, but he's funnier. :? Stupid unreliable friends...grr

:x

Dumb goofy polls..grr,

-Rob

Torbin; whatever is wrong with you is no little thing.

Yeah, I know this... but hey, at least I'm in the right career, right?

- MT

:P

Dude,

This is so wrong I can't even express it in words. Wait...Yes, I can...

First, everyone knows that company cross-overs only produce contrived plots meant to rake in scads of cash for THE MAN. Even if Adam did defeat Dr. Octavius on his own, it plays no relavance to our universe because, we'd have to create some amalgam of DC's, Marvel's, and our own universes to make the whole thing happen, then at the end of the story no one would even remember anything about it. Maybe this has happened already and we don't remember, hmm. :? Dumb contrived plots...grrr

Second, there is no way the JLA could defeat Dr. Octopus. It is common knowledge that the Marvel Universe is simply superior to DC's. Doc Oc would put the smackdown on Supes, W.W., Batman, and the Green Meanie. Adam would really be on his own because of the simple inferiority of DC. :? Stupid inferior DC Universe...grr

Third, the Justice League is going through a serious Identity Crisis and probably wouldn't be able to agree on who to send to help Adam. They'd all show up at once and probably end up fighting each other. :? Dumb JLA Identity Crisis...grr

Adam needs to pick his friends more carefully. The JLA is full of backstabbing, brooding "heroes." Spider-man would be a better friend. He's got more angst, but he's funnier. :? Stupid unreliable friends...grr

:x

Dumb goofy polls..grr,

-Rob

LMAO... now THAT'S the spirit.

- MT

LMAO... now THAT'S the spirit.

LMAO?

Sorry, my ignorance is showing.

-Rob

You're a funny guy. I thought the comment was humorous.

Laugh My Ass Off

- MT

You're a funny guy. I thought the comment was humorous.

I aim to please. Now if only my students understood my jokes. hmmm...

-Rob

I'm dying to ask... does anyone know the name of the show I was poking fun at?

- MT

I'm dying to ask... does anyone know the name of the show I was poking fun at?

Would that be The View?

Thank God someone got my sense of humor... although I was expecting a backlash from hardcore fans... funny, that didn't happen.

Oh well...

Thank God someone got my sense of humor... although I was expecting a backlash from hardcore fans... funny, that didn't happen.

Oh well...

Fans? Fans of The View or comic book fans?

I'd be pretty surprised if there was more than one fan of The View surfing this forum. Are there even any women on this forum? :twisted:

Tigger icon Danny, she seems to be a woman. I know there's at least one more woman because she refered to herself as a grandmother in one of her posts, I think.?.

:wink:

-Rob

Jubilee is a woman too, but I don't think she'd be a fan of The View. Then again, I could be wrong.

- MT

... and still more then half of the forum believes I'm not crazy.

- MT

Sorry, I work for a living; not enough time to watch daytime television, so I did not know what The View was until I Googled it just now. :shock:

Sorry, I work for a living; not enough time to watch daytime television, so I did not know what The View was until I Googled it just now. :shock:

Most of us work for a living, what are you trying to suggest? :x

- MT

I teach, so most people (not me) think I don't work for a living. Sadly, I'm in front of teenagers during the day and can't be in front of the TV. It almost makes me want to cry.

Knowing about a show does not require watching the show (Thank God). I've never seen The View (breaks my heart :wink: ) Unfortunately, I seem to know more about reality TV than I'd ever want to know, and the only show I've ever seen was one episode of the original Survivor (God help me. It was horrible.)

We call this general knowledge of culture "Cultural Literacy." Sometimes it comes in handy when making a joke or attempting to relate to others. :P

Buddy Christ be with you,

-Rob

Cultural Literacy question of the day...In what movie (not necessarily obscure to Geeks like us) did the Buddy Christ originate?

DOGMA?

Whoo Hoo!

Remember to phrase you response in the form of a question.

What is Dogma? Correct! Not Smith's best work, but I thought it was watchable.

-Rob

what do you think is Kevin Smith's best work? chasing amy has to be up there.

have you seen an evening with kevin smith? it is awesome