Sign in to follow this  
mac user X

WHat email client do you use?

Lately apple mail has been sucking, I can't even connect to my Gmail account and yes i did put everything in right and I tested the same settings on Mail and entourage. So what email client do you use? entourage sucks cuz and plays tghe sound when u get mail.

I use Apple's Mail and it works very well for me, including sending and receiving with secure connections to Gmail and my own server.

If Mail is not to your liking you might see if the Thunderbird program from the Mozilla org is more to your liking. It is free, and I use it under Windows on my company-owned PC. They do make a version for OS X.

http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/

I use Mail. I have an account with my ISP (Bellsouth), GMail, my own domain account, and a .Mac account. I have not had any problems with them lately.

entourage and mail are too slow for me. I prefer web based

I use Entourage.

ISP POP3

Gmail POP3

Work Exchange via VPN

Hotmail HTTP

.mac IMAP

Mail... with a standard pop server from my ISP, old school. :P

Lately apple mail has been sucking, I can't even connect to my Gmail account and yes i did put everything in right and I tested the same settings on Mail and entourage. So what email client do you use? entourage sucks cuz and plays tghe sound when u get mail.

I use Apple mail for gmail POP and some other misc. imap accounts. Works great!

I was having some trouble with gmail the other day, like the POP ssl certificate had expired or something, but it seems to be working fine now.

I use Mail but for some strange reason i carn't send mail off my iBook, I can read the mail just not send it. It works fine on my mini though which is really strange

By the way, has anyone got a spare Gmail invite i could have?

After using Mail for so long, there is no way I can change. The Mail UI is so polished and functional, I just get so disgusted by the look and feel of other mail clients. Thunderbird looks too cheap. Entourage as many buttons as as... well, a Microsoft app. I'll gladly put up with Mail's occasional quarks just to enjoy the sensational user experience.

No Eudora users here? I used it for years, but was lured by Mail's appeal (Spotlight searches, etc.) I'm sorry I did. Eudora looks clunky compared to Mail, and does a really poor job with html, but it is fast and reliable.

i love Mail. i havnt had any problems with .Mac or Gmail. I noticed a few people have had trouble with using Gmail on Mail but i think thats actually a Gmail issue with the program.

I use web mail, and... PINE

(to minimize the chance of getting hit by viruses, back in the old days when I still used the Windows machines -- now I switched OS but not the mail app.)

Are you sure that you have activated your gamail for POP?

At home I used the last version of netscape which had an integrated email client for years but once they updated I had to bail and install firefox and thunderbird. I like thunderbird and it is almost the same as the older netscape version but there a couple small differences that I don't like as much. I just deal with it though, they are small diferences. At work I was using enteroug because thats what they install and everyone uses but when I started having some issues with it I switched over to thunderbird and man does it look nice in OSX.

I'm currently using Mail but I miss a few features from (ghod help me) Outlook. The biggest one being auto archiving. I'm thing of trying to get ximian running but I would rather use something that is already ported to the Mac. Any suggestions? I haven't tried Thunderbird or Eudora because I don't know how to migrate the data. I have really explored that one either.

Right now I'm running Deer Park, which is the special build of Firefox for the new Intel-based Macs.

I believe it is a step toward a Universal Binary version of Firefox.

It is very fast.

I still prefer Safari though.

Right now I'm running Deer Park, which is the special build of Firefox for the new Intel-based Macs.

I believe it is a step toward a Universal Binary version of Firefox.

It is very fast.

I still prefer Safari though.

I use Deer Park too. I use it on my PowerBook.