Sign in to follow this  
rlangschultz

I'd take Apple over Alienware any day!!!

I am a web developer, as well as a student of Information technology in Tulsa, OK. Being a web developer can definitely pay the bills if you have a strong client base or work for a web development company. Here in Tulsa there aren't to many web development companies, so freelance was the way to go so I have my own private company. I bought an Alienware laptop about a year ago, then an iBook G4 (1.33ghz, combo drive, 768mb, Airport Express). I found myself using my iBook G4 more than my Alienware laptop because Windows XP Professional took to long to boot up with all the server that were required for me to run to develop my ASP.NET and MS SQL Server 2003 web sites. I have recently aquired a new taste for a LAMP development suite. Plus writing WebObjects code in XCode 2.2 is much easier than eclipse. Great design interfaces, and stable architecture of an iBook is as good if not better than a 2.6ghz alienware laptop anyday. So I sold it...

Thats cool to here, but it is my understanding that Alienware PCs are built for gaming. I know that doesn't mean you carn't do web design on there but i think the hardware is in that direction, By the way i love my iBook and my mini as well and the iBook boots up so much faster than my windows pc. I am also a web developer but i have no clients or anything because i carn't do graphic design but i am getting more into the coding side.

Anyway great to see that more people have seen the light and switched over

I have to agree with you that a Mac is far better than any windows box includeing an Alienware machine, but i still have to buy my mac.