Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ajcannon

iPod Invisa (again)

13 posts in this topic

After receiving over 7500 hits in less than 24 hours, eBay decided to take down my auction for the iPod Invisa last night. As soon as I woke up this morning I decided to re-list it though and you can now see it by going to http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=5845123386. Thanks to everyone who helped spread the word yesterday...let's try to do it again!

-Andrew

Is there even any point to that? It was a cool joke on SNL but putting something like that on ebay is just a stupid idea to me. and who do you think will bid for it?

It is just a joke, but there were over 7000 people who enjoyed it yesterday, so I wanted to put it back up. If you don't like it then I apologize, but it is just people having a good time.

Do I expect anyone to actually pay for this? No. But, I have had that eBay account for a long time and I haven't used it in a long time either. I had a credit on my sellers account that I could not transfer over to my regular eBay name (ajcannon) that has been sitting there doing nothing for months. I figured that I would give people some enjoyment. Again, I am not trying to get anybody mad or anything...just trying to have a good time.

Merry Christmas!

could you put a picture up of it? I want an invisa!! :D

You silly sod! You can't see an Invisa: it's invisible! :wink:

so is this some kind if thing how you put an item that you called the iPod invisa on eBay and people thought it really was an iPod and 7000 people hit it?

It's from a Saturday Night Live skit that they did a few weeks ago. They had a guy who played Steve Jobs. He announced three new iPods in a row, each making the previous one obsolete. The last one was the Invisa. The guy just held his two fingers together to show it: you couldn't see anything. Supposedly it held so many billion songs (I forget exactly how many) and all the photos ever taken. The eBay listing is (or was) just a joke. If you do a Google search, I'm sure you can locate and watch the skit.

It's from a Saturday Night Live skit that they did a few weeks ago. They had a guy who played Steve Jobs. He announced three new iPods in a row, each making the previous one obsolete. The last one was the Invisa. The guy just held his two fingers together to show it: you couldn't see anything. Supposedly it held so many billion songs (I forget exactly how many) and all the photos ever taken. The eBay listing is (or was) just a joke. If you do a Google search, I'm sure you can locate and watch the skit.

One is reminded of homeopathy, the fraudulent school of "medicine" in which a tinier dose is more effective. The danger is that if you take none at all you may overdose.

And so it is that the smaller our musical listening devices get, the greater their capacity. Of course this is not a literal fact, it is just the basis of some good humor.

The end of the skit:

Steve: And oh! I dropped it! Where is it? On the ground? No, it's floating!

Amy Poehler (sp): Ladies and Gentlemen, Steve Jobs. He wasn't holding anything.