Sign in to follow this  
houltmac

"Steve Jobs will Fall in 2006" Atricle

Kevin Maney, technology columnist for USA Today publised an article entitled "Steve Jobs will Fall lin 2006" on Tuesday which read like a tanks tyre marks. Possibly the most abismal, untruthful and uninformed article ever written was released to the public by a corperation that should know better than to release an unedited transcript on the internet.

All that said and put to one side, I would like to know your take on this mess. Apologies, I know I am being as bad, but then, why shouldn't I? It's not my profession (anymore) and moreover it's an opinionated and discussion based forum thread starter I am writing.

;)

[The Original Article]

I don't see what the problem is. It is just some guy expressing his oppionions

You mean falling down the stairs or losing his company? it might be an anti intel swithc or PC user that hates him but its still his opinion and from what you say, a bad one at that. Inserted .03 $ now.

I didn't really see much in the article about Jobs anyway. He didn't really give many specifics as to why he thought Jobs would fall. I just don't think Apple can fail right now. You know they have even more cool products coming. Jobs and Ives are not so stupid to believe that the iPod alone can keep Apple burning red hot!

Apple is only a 5 percent market share of computers and the iPod has a 75% market share.

they have been at 5% for a while, but they are starting to feel the "halo" effect from the ipod. that in addition with the intel switch and a possible dual boot system, the numbers are only gonna go up. and since this is all happening with mr. jobs at the helm, i think his job is safe for a while.

Well, not to bring up the past, but it happen before. I don't really believe it, but it could happen. They are a publcly traded company with a board of directors. So he isn't the owner just the man who does what the board tells him to.

they have been at 5% for a while, but they are starting to feel the "halo" effect from the ipod.  that in addition with the intel switch and a possible dual boot system, the numbers are only gonna go up.  and since this is all happening with mr. jobs at the helm, i think his job is safe for a while.

Plus the world wouldn't be the same with out the iPod and job's innovation, the only reason Windows is mainstream is because its the industry standard and people are afraid to make the switch.

1. Some kid in class dissed the iPod and sed it sucked and Zen rules, i just pulled it out let him use and he was won over.

2. We have 50 dells in our comp lab and when i plugged my Flash drive in the teacher sed no outside media was allowed to enter the comps, also the dells cost as much as eMacs so just because its "standard" means everyone uses it and puts up with all the bugs and viruses in it, in my experience the only mac users I have met (not on the maccast) are pretty geeky and would know what DVD meant (Digital Video Disc) and RAM (Random access Memory). just my .02$

... in my experience the only mac users I have met (not on the maccast) are pretty geeky and would know what DVD meant (Digital Video Disc) and RAM (Random access Memory). just my .02$

Are you certain that DVD does not stand for Digital Versatile Disc?

And lest I hijack this thread, I looked at the article and it did not seem so much an attack on Steve Jobs as much as it was a case of somebody trying to predict so many things that one of them was bound to come to pass.

... in my experience the only mac users I have met (not on the maccast) are pretty geeky and would know what DVD meant (Digital Video Disc) and RAM (Random access Memory). just my .02$

Are you certain that DVD does not stand for Digital Versatile Disc?

that works too.

And lest I hijack this thread, I looked at the article and it did not seem so much an attack on Steve Jobs as much as it was a case of somebody trying to predict so many things that one of them was bound to come to pass.

I didn't post the article just because of the title (although I think he has got Steve Jobs all wrong) but the total content. I just thought that all the predictions were obviously uninformed and from somone who didn't really understand the tech world, community or business. Seemed like an awful "wannabe" article. Maybe one thing from there will happen, I doubt it.

... I just thought that all the predictions were obviously uninformed and from somone who didn't really understand the tech world, community or business. Seemed like an awful "wannabe" article. Maybe one thing from there will happen, I doubt it.

Yes, I got the same impression.