Sign in to follow this  
mac user X

CRACKED 5TH GEN SCREEN!!

DOES APPLE CARE REPLACE THE SCREEN FOR FREE, I HAVE ONLY HAD IT FOR 26 DAYS!!!! WHAT DO i NEED TO DO TO FIX IT!!! :cry:

I haven't heard of any issues with the 5th gen screen cracking, like the nano had. I think you're going to find that they won't replace it. It's considered user abuse.

I called em up told em wat happened an sed they can fix it fo frre cuz its under warranty.

Good deal. Well, get it in there before they change their mind. It's definitely unusual that they'll replace an iPod with a broken screen.

I know i told him the screen cracked, and he said ok, do you know how? To be honest I have no idea how it happened. serioulsy i just had it in a case with the screen side to the desk (screen protector of cheap film was on.) and i always leave it like that. He said alright, directed to me to depot.apple.com/ipod or something like that and he sed it will take a week to fix and return even with the holidays. and no i am not filing class action lawsuits!

That reminds me: I remember reading somewhere that all Apple stores were directed to replace/repair 5th gen iPods no matter what the issue. I can't remember where I saw that though.

Really? do you think they will replace the back too, it has so many streaks and scratches, wasn't there a post here on how to do it on the front side of it?

Really? do you think they will replace the back too, it has so many streaks and scratches, wasn't there a post here on how to do it on the front side of it?

they will most likely just swap it out with a new one. i think that is part of the "no questions asked" deal.

They are sick of of Nano's bad press and didn't want it for the video. :D

They are sick of of Nano's bad press and didn't want it for the video. :D

Its not a want to sue Apple and give them bad press, its just I wanted to know what my options were to getting a screen replaced and what it would cost if anything at that, I read something like the EULA of warranties and it sed I might get charged 100 dollars if they couldn't fix it under apple care.

Its not a want to sue Apple and give them bad press, its just I wanted to know what my options were to getting a screen replaced and what it would cost if anything at that, I read something like the EULA of warranties and it sed I might get charged 100 dollars if they couldn't fix it under apple care.

I think, Morn was talking generally. The Nano had bad press for it's [alleged] scratching issue and the last thing they need is the same/similar press with the 5th Gen iPods.

I also read that reps were instructed to replace/repair all iPods that were reported faulty.

That's exactly right, you're benefiting from a public relations policy.

I got the email i didn't want to see, they won't fix it saying and will return it unrepaired, so I have to buy a new screen, how much would one for the th gen cost:? :cry: it sucks, please tell its not over 200 dollars.

I got the email i didn't want to see, they won't fix it saying and will return it unrepaired, so I have to buy a new screen, how much would one for the th gen cost:?  :cry: it sucks, please tell its not over 200 dollars.

aw man, that blows. I feel for you.

That reminds me: I remember reading somewhere that all Apple stores were directed to replace/repair 5th gen iPods no matter what the issue. I can't remember where I saw that though.

well they didn't do mine, the cheapest i could find to fix it was 169.99, can you just buy these wholesale and do it yourself/

I just got my shiny new white 6o gig.

I hope none of this happens to me....

:roll: