Sign in to follow this  
RedZeppelin

iLife testimonial from new user

One of the main reasons I made the switch to Mac was that I heard so many great things about the Mac's media-handling capabilities and the value of the pre-installed software. I still can't say I'm impressed with iPhoto, but today I finally took iMovie and iDVD for a test run. Contrary to my somewhat frustrating experiences with iPhoto, I am completely thrilled by those two apps.

On my Windows machine I had used Pinnacle software for importing, editing, and rendering footage from my Mini DV cam, then I had to switch to Nero to create DVDs of my rendered movies. Importing editing was very simple with Pinnacle, but it took a lot of trial and error to determine the best settings for rendering that would work well with Nero to produce a good quality DVD. Thus my amazement that the entire process was so seemless and simple with iMovie and iDVD.

As iDVD was burning my project, I told my wife that it couldn't be that easy based on my previous experiences. I was sure that the DVD wouldn't look right or play properly in my DVD player, but I was wrong on both counts; the DVD came out perfect the first time!

What an awesome first experience with video editing and creation on my mini. Now that it is not such a chore I'm sure I'll be using my Mini DV cam a lot more and creating many more DVD projects with my mini. I also plan on buying a decent guide to iLife so I can learn even more of the features (and hopefully comprehend iPhoto a bit more in hopes of enjoying it as much as I enjoy iPhoto and iDVD).

Great story and so true. I have had almost exactly the same experience with my video efforts on both the Mac and PC side. I was equally amazed.