Sign in to follow this  
iBasden

ChristmasStuff

i do?

Yes. So you could get a high end iBook 12" a lowish end 14" or a very low end PowerBook 12" with $200 extra $s.

I get £900 a year! (thats $1,547 in your fair curruncy)

How old are you.

Is that from a job?

Hey I am a Mac Geek God now!

Is that from a job?

If that's from a job he wants to get another 10 of those to pay his taxes alone!

Is that from a job?

If that's from a job he wants to get another 10 of those to pay his taxes alone!

I know nothing of tax.

Let'[s just say that when I first started work (16) I was on around £12k/annum and it was barely enough to keep me in a small apartment. Good job I got promoted and since changed jobs eh?

Is that from a job?

I know nothing of tax.

Thats the joy of only being 14 years old (no taxes!) and yes it is a job I get no 'allowance'

Its half arsed all I have to do is walk this person's dog for half an hour each day.

i wish my job was that easy. then again i wouldn't get the money i was on, damm

Thats the joy of only being 14 years old (no taxes!) and yes it is a job I get no 'allowance'  

allowance is for faggots. Everyone shoud earn their money.

allowance is for faggots. Everyone shoud earn their money.

Indeed, whats your job then Basden?

I used to be a custodial engineer... now I babysit. lol :P

I used to be a custodial engineer... now I babysit. lol  :P

And now I make Home theateres.

You make home theatres?

Yes, I do.

explain....

I disign and set up home theateres. You buy the parts, I set it up.

explain....

Aren't you 14?

Sorry, but I wouldn't hire a 14 year old to install my home theater

I think I could plug a few speakers into the right sockets and arrange the 64" plasma towards the sofa my self thank you very much! How hard can it be?

I think I could plug a few speakers into the right sockets and arrange the 64" plasma towards the sofa my self thank you very much!   How hard can it be?

Not that I've done it myself, but I've read that correctly installing a plasma screen can be difficult. To get the most out of the incredibly expensive screen, room color, lighting, viewing angle, and other issues are very important. Most professionally installed plasmas are done with light meters, color meters, and a host of expensive equipment.

Of course, if the buyer doesn't care about the perfect picture, he can probably figure out how to plug it in himself.

:wink:

-Rob

explain....

Aren't you 14?

Suit yoursef, but I everyone who I have made loves there theater.

I think I could plug a few speakers into the right sockets and arrange the 64" plasma towards the sofa my self thank you very much!   How hard can it be?

This is just a general comment, not directed with any malice toward the Dead Fish Guy.

I also meant to mention that the AV install business is a growing business. Look in the yellow pages (Business phone directory). There are more companies specialzing in installing home theatres every year. I know a few people that make a healthy living in this business.

Also, as a self-proclaimed Geek, I'd prefer to set up my own equipment even if it takes me twice as long to figure it out as it would for someone to install it. However, most people aren't geeky. When they buy something, they want it to work, trouble free. (This general public attitude is the whole reason behind Apple's current growth.)

If at 14 this young man can get some practical experience and his foot in the business door, more power to him.

-Rob

This is just a general comment, not directed with any malice toward the Dead Fish Guy.

I also meant to mention that the AV install business is a growing business. Look in the yellow pages (Business phone directory). There are more companies specialzing in installing home theatres every year. I know a few people that make a healthy living in this business.

Also, as a self-proclaimed Geek, I'd prefer to set up my own equipment even if it takes me twice as long to figure it out as it would for someone to install it. However, most people aren't geeky. When they buy something, they want it to work, trouble free. (This general public attitude is the whole reason behind Apple's current growth.)

If at 14 this young man can get some practical experience and his foot in the business door, more power to him.

-Rob

Thank you.

explain....

Aren't you 14?

Suit yoursef, but I everyone who I have made loves there theater.

No offense meant.

What so you buy the screens and then they pay you a little bit more than you did for you to install it?