Sign in to follow this  

Griffin Technology: Ear Jams

Hey all,

Ok, this week I've been on a quest to find a decent set of headphones. Frankly, the others I've tried on well...

ITEM: Bose QuietComfort 2 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones

PRICE: $299.95

COMMENT: "These are kind of nice. How much did you say these were again? Are you #$%# kidding me?? For Headphones?? Who the #@$%# do you think I am, an Enron executive??"

ITEM: Bang & Olufsen A8 Headphones

PRICE: $159.00

COMMENT: "Wow, these feel kind of nice, but I've got to tell you that I can't hear any bass. Could you put in a classical CD? Thanks. Could you turn up the bass? More... More... More... More... More... I still can't hear any bass. Could you turn up the bass all the way? That's as far as it goes? OK... well, how much are these? What?? For headphones with no bass?? What the #$%@# am I buying for that price? Thank you, but I already have a name, I don't need to buy another one."

ITEM: Sony MDR-NC6 Noise Canceling Headphones

PRICE: $59.95

COMMENT: "Have you ever wondered what it would be like to listen to your favorite tunes in a Time and Space Vortex?"

ITEM: Griffin Ear Jams

PRICE: $15.00

COMMENT: "What do you expect for $15? They work as advertised and they increase the amount of white you can attach to your iPod."

Personally, I like them. For $15, they work OK. They're not spectacular but they don't suck a... oh right, the swearing thing... butt. For those of you who need to look like every other person with no sense of personal safety and those damn white ear buds, they increase the amount of white you have attached to your iPod. The nice thing about them is that they will attach to most other earphones as well so you can use them for other purposes and the carrying case that comes with them makes me feel warm and special inside. On a side note those of you with tragus piercings:

fot18.jpg

will find that this item is a bit to get used to... trust me on this one.

All tolled, if you have $15 and you don't know what to do with it, this is a nice way of justifying it to your wife who will probably tell you that you wasted your money anyway and remind you that you can't seem to hold onto anything these days even though you have more then managed to save up a ton over the last year but is she remembering that?? NOOOOOOO.... of course not! Why would that come into play!! It's not like... oh wait, yeah the ear jams. I like them.

- MT

ermmm, errrrrrrr, fliba daaa? tiolopingrad? chipligulet? ahhh fot! fiawip!

Yes, they do. That's a good question and one I forgot to answer.

- MT

ermmm, errrrrrrr, fliba daaa? tiolopingrad? chipligulet? ahhh fot! fiawip!

What is that?