Sign in to follow this  
sk8dagr8

Ergonomic mouse & keyboard

Can anybody recommend an ergonomic mouse & keyboard for the Mac (w/Tiger)? Preferably not too expensive.

Thanks!

The longitec mx-1000.

I highly recommend the Logitech MX1000 laser mouse also. As far as keyboards go however, that's where it becomes more difficult. The best keyboard ever made (in my opinion) was the Logitech diNovo Bluetooth keyboard, however it's a Windows key setup and not Mac which could make life a little more difficult (I have never tried this). Other than that I can recommend the official Apple keyboards (both wired and wireless) as they are quite erganomic, stylish and have a nice "touchy" feel.

I have the wired Apple pro keyboard and i found stuff gets thyough the keys all the time, although its mainly my fault, it does get kinda annoying though, does anyone know how to clean it?

I have the wired Apple pro keyboard and i found stuff gets thyough the keys all the time, although its mainly my fault, it does get kinda annoying though, does anyone know how to clean it?

I have been wondering the same thing lately. When I turn my keyboard over and look at it, I see all kinds of junk. I spilled a little bit of coffee on it the other day, but it is still plugging along. Compressed air can only do so much with these keyboards.

The Apple Pro keybord, I find is a bit mushy. I just don't like it.

i dont like the scissor keys on my PowerBook because it makes too much clicking noise at night and same with the Apple pro keyboard.

i dont like the scissor keys on my PowerBook because it makes too much clicking noise at night and same with the Apple pro keyboard.

When I type on an Apple pro I feel like I am typing on a piece of wet bread.

I have the same experience. Apple should put little cushions around where the keys press down, that way it won't make too much noise but it might fell spongy er er

I'm using the Microsoft wireless explorer setup and it works quite well. It has the comfort keyboard (not 100% ergonomic) and the wireless explorer mouse.

The better option if I could do it over (because it wasn't out when I bought this one) is the Microsoft 4000 series ergonomic keyboard and bundled with their 1000 series laser mouse, that is a full ergonomic keyboard but it is wired.

The next one I get will probably be wired as sometimes this wireless keyboard drops keystrokes.

As for the mouse, I can recommend Logitech's Cordless Click Plus Optical which is also available as a rechargeable kit with a desktop charger. Comes at around $30 US, I think.