Sign in to follow this  
MrCooms

My switcher story

Ive been floating around the forums for a while now and am an avid listener of the Maccast and i thought it was about time i introduced myself. Here's my story.

For many years i've been an avid windows user, always having a go at my dad for being a apple user as he has been for as long as i remember. Starting of with the Macintosh SE (which he still has) which means he now has built up quite a museum of retired Macs which recently we have been re-formatting and bring back to life for the fun of it.

The past year or two i've been avidly watching Steve's keynotes which seem to suck us all in, (convinced me the day after the Nano came out to go and buy one :P ). As well has his keynotes, the development that has been made over the years on the operating system have been amazing starting of in 2001 with the introduction of OS X and now with Tiger it just rocks. not to mention the pure elegance of the computers.

My eMac is the earlier 700Mhz with 640 mb ram, which isnt bad for a start. as many of us are i can't wait to finally see the release of the first intel mac, the wait for Macworld is painful which hopefully Steve wont put us in suspense for any longer.

Finally a big thanks to Adam and the maccast which is a fantastic pod-cast and what in the end drew me away from the dark side :P .

Happy new year

Welcome!

Welcome to the forums and welcome to the world of macs!

I have an eMac too, I love it.

Im just bout to buy my mac and thought of an emac but now they are a bit out of date.

i too love the maccast

Yeah its starting to show its age speed wise working with all my photo's music etc, the ram upgrade did help but she still struggles a bit.

Im just haning out to hopefully get a new laptop the first half of this year

(assuming steve announces the Intel mac)