Sign in to follow this  
iplayers

My mac lust

I have have had a lust for macs since my first when i was 3yrs old. Im selling every sellable item in my room that will go for $20 or above. Im hoping to have a mac by 2007 the only problem being my brother 1yr old at the moment,will he brake it will he just look at it all day who knows.My other problem being at the moment i am trying to get my mum to use my pc before i buy a mac so i can give her my only pc will she be using my pc by then ? I have heard rumors thet all intel products from apple will be cheaper than powerpc predecessors so im only going to have to spen $300-$500 dollars. If anyone has any ideas on which mac to buy plaese reply below.

I'd say a Mac Mini. I haven't had any personal expirence but they're great for what they're worth, although you'd have to get a monitor. I wish they still had eMacs for sale, those are the computers that are best for the money, but you can only buy them refurbished.

I'd say a Mac mini, but if iMacs dip enough (which I hope they do, I want one for myself as well) I'd go for one of those. It all depends on how much money you have and want to spend.

Thanks ill bear that in mind but i probably wont have enough money for the medium monitor. All in all the apple screen and mac mini come to the same price as the new iMac G5 with isight.

I have to agree with MacGuy92; the most reasonably priced Mac for a first time buyeris probably the Mac Mini. It needs periferals such as a montor, keyboard and mouse, but those can be picked up from most online retailers on a shoestring budget.

That said, if you wish to go only with Apple hardware and periferals you are right, you may as well get a new G5 iMac (or possibly an Intel iMac) for the same money. It all depends also on what you will use it for; would you need the power or functionality of an iMac or would you be better off with a Mini and some money left over to say purchase Quicktime Pro or iLife?

Then again of course, if you really require a portable computer then why not go for an iBook? Spec wise they are similar to Minis, but with the periferals, an even smaller form factor and a battery. A very good investment.

Whatever happens, you have options and I am sure you will make the right choice, you sound like you are thinking before you are acting which is always a good sign. Best of luck.

I would have to agree with Matt here. I have a Mini and i love it, It can handle quite a bit but i wouldn't do any video editing on it. I have dreamweaver on it and it runs fine.

I also have an iBook and i tend to use it more than the Mini just for the portabilty. i have 1.5gb ram and it runs like a dream. Most of the time i have WoW (World of Warcraft) a pretty Power consuming game (might be wrong), Adium, Safari, iTunes and Bittorent running all at the same time and i have no problems what so ever

and if these are on Apples 'Basic' models they will be fine for you. then again it all depends on what your plans are for ur pc

I'll add the mini vote. There are so many monitors floating around, I'd bet you could pick one up pretty cheaply and easily.

Thanks guys, What ill do is save and collect the money for instance i just recieved $20 today for helping a feind with her pc. Even though its not a lot of money its still a step to whichever im buying. now what ill do is s & c the money andn when i hve $800 dollars ill decide whether its worth the wait to get enough for an ibook or imac.

Thanks again keep your comments comin in