Sign in to follow this  
macSibbern

The I love my Mac song is great

Good Morning to everybody,

On my way to work this morning I listened to the latest MacCast and anwt to thank Adam for the great I Love my Mac song!!!

I hardly can't wait to get home and downlaod it to my iPod, what a nice Mac Anthem

Greets,

MacSibbern

It is a good song.

I wrote earlier this morning that I will download this awesome song as fast as I get home...

But I didn't realise, even when I thanked Daphne in her Guestbook for the song and wrote there that I linked from my Mac eZine to her site, that there is no download available!

But when I returned home this evening and reconnected my PowerBook with my Network I had an eMail waitng for me.

Daphne just thanked for my statement in her guestbook and told me that her song will be available at the us iTMS soon...

She also mentioned that she put me on a mailing list and will mail me as soon as the song can be bought...

For beeing able to enjoy her song till I can buy it she just attached the whole "I love my Mac (Tiger)" song as a 128KBits MP3!!!

(Just another example of the Mac Community beeing a little bit different)

Thanks a lot Daphne!

Until you send it to me I listened now 8 times to my Mac Anthem and slowly I can start to sing along...

i nearly laughed my pants off when i heard it - and sincerely, i love it in a way only a geek could.

even my 1yr old brother wiggled close to in time with the beat and he didnt stop smilin when he heard it.

Yesterdays evening we had some friends for a lat new years visit at home...

I played my actual 5-star-rated songs from my iPod in the background...

Evene that everybody there (including my girl-friend) knew my mac geek attitude and know of my website (Macintosh related german ezine) they didn't get the tune!

I don't know if they had a problem understand the english or or all the technical terms sung, but they just said that the Macintosh, Steve Jobs addicts, community seems to be little crazy.

I replied, that's okay, but you windows folks just don't get the joy you get when you (after 20 years of troubling with computers) switch to Mac OS X...

So many situations you are used to troubleshoot your Wintel System a Mac user ist missing.

Instead of trying to get something to work you just do it with your Mac...

They didn't get it...

Then I told them the story of a phone call some hours before on that day.

A friend of mine called me because he wanted to cut his holliday DV Video on a Windows XP Pentium III (800 MHz)...

(From the times of the iMac DV where the Mac was really able to cut DV)

and tried to integrate some digital Photos

(As he saw on a DVD i made last year with iMovie and DVD Studio Pro)

which Pinnacle Studio couldn't handle...

I tried to troubleshoot everything by head, then to log on one of my Wintel Boxes remotely (the PC in the cellar was crashed because it didn't reboot correct after the last update) had to reboot it manually, install irfanview, windows movie maker , some other stuff and couldn't help him.

His PC just couldn't make a JPEG to a short DV (like iMovie, iPhoto, DVD Studio, QuickTime, Keynote...)

So I told this to make my visitors (and my girlfriend) see, what this song is all about...

They didn't get me and said I am a Mac and Steve Jobs addict....

Half an hour later one of the visitors told me that she saw an iPod nano (2GB) for 199 Euro at an electronics market nearby and asked if it was cheap...

I answered no and that she yould get it cheaper at any Mac Retailer in Hamburg (some 40km from my home)...

Then she asked why a Mac Dealer and I answered, because it's from the people that make the Mac.

Then I asked why she wants an iPod, because she hase some no-name MP3 Player...

She answered: Because the iPod is looking so cool, it's so easy to handle and i could listen to my MP3 Books on it in the correct order...

Then I asked who isn't getting it and what is the apple experience just played on an iPod about Apple products...

They didn't get it!

So who's crazy now???

Sorry for this personal posting,

macSibbern

Hi,

I have heard the song before on another MAC podcast and loved the catchy tune and therefore I emailed Daphne to tell how good the tune was and about the MacCast (sorry Adam it was me who gave her your email address) and said this would be the place to promote her song.

She obviously took my advice.

Glad you liked it and let's promote MAC music composers...

:lol:

Daphne send me an email and told me that the I love my Mac (Tiger) song now is available in the iTunes Music Store (even in germany)

So I purchased it, as I promised ;-))

You can get the song here:

I love my Mac

You an also here the cong for free and save it from the internet withourt purchasing it at ilovemymacthesong.com I HATE WINDOWS.

"I love my Mac" used to be a free download at iCompositions.com with ah option to "donate," but Daph's understandably removed it (at least the English version!) in light of her neat-o iTunes move. She's got other tunes free for the listening (with voluntary pay option) at that site.

Sign in to follow this