Sign in to follow this  
zfireman

Cracked 5gen Ipod Screen

Please help if you can;

I bought a 5gen ipod and 2 weeks later the clear plastic screen cracked!

Contacted Apple for repairs( even bought extended warrantee) Sent back the ipod to Apple for repairs. Was send back not repaired. Was told not cover by warrantee. Asked what can I do to get the screen fixed. Was told to buy a new Ipod! Thats like getting a crack in your car's windshield and told to but new car the get windsield fix. Can anyone help me please??

Rory

same thing happened to me, the screen costs 180 dolars to replace it. :(

and the Rep said it was covered undered the warranty even thought it was my fault and i checked the status it said faulty LCD backlight.

Shouldn't this be in the iPod section?

I thaught there was some kind of no questions asked return policy on the 5G and nano

I thaught there was some kind of no questions asked return policy on the 5G and nano

Nooooo. Far from that. The Apple Store actually charges you a 10% restocking fee if the item is opened. If the product however is found to be defective by one of the guys at the Genius Bar then they give you an option of exchanging it for a new one or returning it for your money back without the restocking fee. But if it is damage not covered by warranty (which you already found it wasn't) then they won't do anything.

Other stores may do it (I know Target allows you to return iPods without a restocking fee) but the Apple Store won't.