Sign in to follow this  
Tom.landy

Maccworld - ALL PRODUCTS STILL AVAILABLE!

Just been around the mac online store...everything is still available...within 24hrs except for the ipod shuffle - 1-2 working days & the nano 1-2 working days

tiger is also at 1-2 day shipping but its pretty much gonna be a hardware macworld, I hope...

Idea...

Maybe the new intel macs will be a seperate produce line? I don't know, and I have no inside info...I am really excited though and I am dying to see whats coming in the next 24hrs...

Perhaps you should take a look at this small forum, I think you would find it interesting. Pay particular attention to Mikes odd posts... He has a unique perspective.

really excited about a new product line...still nothing changed with only hours to go! also really looking forward to ilife 06 and iWork 06

I wonder when the keynote will be avable online?

I wonder when the keynote will be avable online?

I would think it will be very shortly afterwords. They'll probably be switching it live, but I couldn't say for sure.

http://stream.apple.akadns.net/

Aparently the usual Apple live stream... I don't know if it's a dupe or what, but it's worth refreshing form time to time I guess...

Aparently the usual Apple live stream... I don't know if it's a dupe or what, but it's worth refreshing form time to time I guess...

I got a 404.

I got a 404.

Same here, it may appear later though.

It has appeared! Maybe it WILL come on after all!

Edit: Right now it's still displaying the last Keynote.

I got a 404.

Same here, it may appear later though.

Sounds like we have our first intel based mac.. the iMac!

Cool!

Now they have introduced the powerbook as the macbook pro.

oh this is soooo coooool :D I love it apparently the new Notebooks are 4-5x faster can you believe it??

God if I would be Kevin Rose (he just bought a new PowerBoook in November.

Oh yeah jiiipiiii this is so coooool jiiihaa :D:D come on online store come back online I want to order,

I feel good dadadada so good, so good :P:P:lol::lol: :twisted:

im chuffed to bits!, so pleased that i waited.

im off to the apple store in regent street to pick mine up when they have them in store.

Dinger :)

im chuffed to bits!, so pleased that i waited.

2x 1.86 processors for $2499 (£1500 ish)

im off to the apple store in regent street to pick mine up when they have them in store.

Dinger :)

I am so glad that I bought mine 2 weeks ago. (No scarcasem.)

The online store is back up... the Macbook Pro is STUNNING! I can't wait to see the video of the keynote later. Where's MY Macbook Pro?! My iBook seems so obsolete now!! Waaahhh!! LOL!!

I have to say that I'm somewhat disappointed, since I was expecting new iBooks to be released...but I somehow come to think that it's just a matter of a few weeks' time until Steve's gonna have another "One more thing"-event. At least I hope so, since I will have to buy a notebook by September and would hate to go for an iBook running a processor that is doomed already.

I have to say that I'm somewhat disappointed, since I was expecting new iBooks to be released...but I somehow come to think that it's just a matter of a few weeks' time until Steve's gonna have another "One more thing"-event. At least I hope so, since I will have to buy a notebook by September and would hate to go for an iBook running a processor that is doomed already.

I too was expecting iBooks too. This is because that first the PowerBooks were revved 2 months ago along with the iMac.

Exactly, I have to say that I do not understand Apple's product life-cycle (if you will) policy. IIRC the new iMac was released along with the iPod 5G in September, which is just 4 months past. When was the last update to the iBook done?

However, I figure that implementing the new Intel chips in notebooks seems to have been a bit more tricky - which would explain why the new MacBook Pro is on pre-order as of now and due to be delivered in February only. Maybe Apple had some trouble getting the chips into the iBook on time (or as quickly as with the MacBook Pro) so they decided to delay that until it is mature enough to be released.

Is the core duo 64 or 32 bit?

I have to agree.

First of all. It is a bit strange that we have now new Ibooks and MacMinis.

And secondly the iMac G5 and PowerBook G5 are still being sold on the online store.

My questions is why??

Who would buy this now?

I guess some pro people mayyyybe, and some people who really want to get some of the PowerPC products.

But that can't be too many can it?

I eam I would possibly buy one to be honest but only if they would be cheaper than the new products but the iMac is the same price same the old IMac.

Of course the MacBook is kind of expensive but still not compared to the PowerBook.

So who would buy the old PowerPC products they are obsolete!!!

:roll: :roll:

I have to agree.

First of all. It is a bit strange that we have now new Ibooks and MacMinis.

And secondly the iMac G5 and PowerBook G5 are still being sold on the online store.

My questions is why??

Who would buy this now?

I guess some pro people mayyyybe, and some people who really want to get some of the PowerPC products.

But that can't be too many can it?

I eam I would possibly buy one to be honest but only if they would be cheaper than the new products but the iMac is the same price same the old IMac.

Of course the MacBook is kind of expensive but still not compared to the PowerBook.

So who would buy the old PowerPC products they are obsolete!!!

:roll:  :roll:

I would buy the G5s and even the G4s!