iBasden

macbook and imac

Whatcha getting?  

37 members have voted

1. 1.

• imac
    • macbook
    • no thanks

I voted iMac, because i think my family's going to get one (i'm only a teen :P)

Currently the software that works on it is thin.  Wait about a year and see how these are received.  Sure, a dual core laptop is nice, but you can't do much with it if you have no software.

What do you mean? Rosetta takes care of most of that. Yes, not much runs natively yet, but in the mean time a it of compromise?

You all are making me out to be the villan here. Look, I love Macs as much as the next guy. In fact, I do this professionally (not for Mobile Mac Tech but for a private company). Those who know me know that I'll admit when I'm wrong... WHEN I'M WRONG and right now, it's to early to tell. You have your opinion and I have mine. Granted, I have several years of industry experience under my belt so grant me a little assumed experience.

Please, be my guest, go out and buy all the MacBook Pros you want. What's the worst thing that can happen? I'm wrong and I have to wait to buy one because I waited.

- MT

Who's getting what

My birthday is in march  :twisted:

picture23we.th.png

Mac Book Pro perhaps a 12" version? But it might be to small and I will have to search harder behind the sofer amongst those old lollys and penny pieces!

I don't really want to have to buy all my pro apps again. I have everything for my G4 PowerMac. Maybe I will just buy the last PowerBook 15".

I find it annoying that they want you to repay for what is essentially a patch and a recompile.

I preordered a macbook :)

You lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky luckylucky lucky lucky lucky luckylucky lucky lucky lucky luckylucky lucky lucky lucky luckylucky lucky lucky lucky luckylucky lucky lucky lucky luckylucky lucky lucky lucky luckylucky lucky lucky lucky luckylucky lucky lucky lucky luckylucky lucky lucky lucky luckylucky lucky lucky lucky luckylucky lucky lucky lucky luckylucky lucky lucky lucky luckylucky lucky lucky lucky luckylucky lucky lucky lucky luckylucky lucky lucky lucky luckylucky lucky lucky lucky luckylucky lucky lucky lucky luckylucky lucky lucky lucky luckylucky lucky lucky lucky luckylucky lucky lucky lucky luckylucky lucky lucky lucky luckylucky lucky lucky lucky luckylucky lucky lucky lucky luckylucky lucky lucky lucky luckylucky lucky lucky lucky luckylucky lucky lucky lucky luckylucky lucky lucky lucky luckylucky lucky lucky lucky luckylucky lucky lucky lucky luckylucky lucky lucky lucky luckylucky lucky lucky lucky luckylucky lucky lucky lucky luckylucky lucky lucky lucky lucky

Rich?

I voted for the macbook because in the college enviroment I'm planning on going to chances are the wirless capabilities would be of more use than a desktop PC

I've been asked to choose my birthday present for this year, selecting between two choices:

1) A Canon EOS 5D Digital SLR

2) A maxed-out 20" Intel iMac

There would be absolutely no contention with this decision for me, sir. The EOS 5D would win out every single day. I would love some of that yummy, full-framed goodness. I have the Rebel XT currently. The 1.6x crop factor can be annoying at times, but it works for now until I have the $3500 to get the 5D.

Well, I ended up taking your advice, Kerry.

I bought an Intel iMac for myself,and made my birthday present request a Canon EOS 5D. I was able to try a 5D in December when a friend of my daughter brought one to my daughter's pinning as an RN. It feels like you're holding a fancy, expensive camera, and you are.