Sign in to follow this  
mfkne-backup

No signs of 10.4.4 yet, but...

Just before the Steve's Keynote I ran Software Update which didn't find any available updates for my 10.4.3 running Mac Mini. Now that 10.4.4 has been announced, Software Update still doesn't find the 10.4.4 update but instead displays two updates, Quicktime 7.0.4 and iTunes 6.0.2. Just FYI.

Same.

Not showing up in my Software Update yet, but it's appeared on the Support page:

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/

Edit:

Woah. I hit refresh at it disappeared. But I already had mine downloading... so I'm installing now. This was the address I downloaded from:

http://apple.speedera.net/download.info.ap...pdate10.4.4.dmg

Edit again:

10.4.4 is showing up for me on the Support page again. Strange.

whats all the combo and stuff? I downloaded the 166mb one (largest)

Whats the dif?

Yes, I just noticed Quicktime and iTunes, I thought that they were older ones, because it had been weeks since I updated by softeware. But I guess they were not.

Nice new feature in iTunes 6.0.2! Click on a song in your library and look to the bottom of the screen.

If that was there before, dopeslap me. But I have looked through all of the preferences several times, and I really do not think that existed...

Yes, I just noticed Quicktime and iTunes, I thought that they were older ones, because it had been weeks since I updated by softeware. But I guess they were not.

Nice new feature in iTunes 6.0.2! Click on a song in your library and look to the bottom of the screen.

If that was there before, dopeslap me. But I have looked through all of the preferences several times, and I really do not think that existed...

This is indeed a new feature. It can be removed just as with "show/hide album art" feature, with the new button at the bottom of the window.

About the QuickTime update: http://maccast.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4264

You can also hide it from the menu or keyboard shortcut:

Edit-->Hide Mini Store (Apple+Shift+M)

whats all the combo and stuff? I downloaded the 166mb one (largest)

Whats the dif?

The combo updates are for updating from any version of 10.4 (say, for instance, that you're still at 10.4.1 or something). However, I always download and use the combo updater. That way if I ever need to reinstall, I only need that one updater. Also, people have reported fewer problems when using the combo updates.

I have the 10.4.4 updater saved on my JumpDrive, but won't be able to install it until tomorrow.

I just got 10.4.4 through software update. It weighed in at 27.6 MB. That is the first time ever I have gotton the "small" OS X update for any computer. On my old iMac and up until now on my iBook, I always got the 100-150 MB one.

My 10.4.4 is 54 MBs should I download it even though there were problems with the small 10.4.3 update?

My 10.4.4 is 54 MBs should I download it even though there were problems with the small 10.4.3 update?

Just download the combo update direct from Apple's support site.