Sign in to follow this  
yensid98

iLife '06 and Intel

OK, the new iMac ships with iLife '06. So I'm assuming that this is would be a suite built specifically for an Intel machine. Correct?

It makes sense to me since why would it need to be dual binary if there is no Power PC on the new iMac.

Wrong, it's universal bianary. It's made that way because you can also buy it for an "old" Mac for $79.

It makes sense to me since why would it need to be dual binary if there is no Power PC on the new iMac.

But... I have a PowerPC based system and I want the upgrade, so Universal Binary we do have. :)

OK, the new iMac ships with iLife '06.  So I'm assuming that this is would be a suite built specifically for an Intel machine.  Correct?  

What about all the other Macs? Do they get to have iLife '06?

OK, the new iMac ships with iLife '06.  So I'm assuming that this is would be a suite built specifically for an Intel machine.  Correct?  

yes the PowerPC and Intel can have it to universal binaries.

PS, are you kicking yourself about the new macbook? :o

yes the PowerPC and Intel can have it to universal binaries.

PS, are you kicking yourself about the new macbook? :o

Why would I kick my self?

just joking, it was a joke, you just bought a PB not too long before the intel announcement

just joking, it was a joke, you just bought a PB not too long before the intel announcement

I know. My only regret is that it won't have iLife '06 but I can always buy/get my grandparents to buy it.

I know. My only regret is that it won't have iLife '06 but I can always buy/get my grandparents to buy it.

true, i just wish it had front row and the remote but it looks like the intel will get first blood on it.

true, i just wish it had front row and the remote but it looks like the intel will get first blood on it.

Also you can always download front row. So no loss there.

10.4.4 removed my FrontRow installation.

10.4.4 removed my FrontRow installation.

That sucks. I am sticking with 10.4.3.