Sign in to follow this  
kwsanders

iPod Update available

I hope this fixes problems with enhanced podcasts.

by time my 5th gen gets fixed they have version 9, the guy was so nice to say that the warranty covered that i broke my screen and only have it come back unrepaired, oh well i am not suing jobs or putting death messages but my surround sound system and gamecube are looking at a little eBay.

by time my 5th gen gets fixed they have version 9, the guy was so nice to say that the warranty covered that i broke my screen and only have it come back unrepaired, oh well i am not suing jobs or putting death messages but my surround sound system and gamecube are looking at a little eBay.

Do what I do, wine.

Hi all,

This version 1.1 for the iPod Video, stops you from using the menu button to toggle off the backlight. We used this to save ourselves battery.

A call to Apple Technical Support here in the UK, goes through to a India call centre, where after getting hang up on, then not understanding the issue, get through to someone in Cork in Ireland, to be told that "if you want to use the menu to toggle off your backlight, then downgrade back to 1.0" When asked why this had now changed, as i believe all ipods back to the 1st Gen allowed you to use the menu button to toggle the backlight off and on, i was told, and this is from Apple 2nd line support "We are Apple we can change what we want"!

LOL

Anyway, this guy said he would pass it to the Development team, lets see....

Seems like Apple think they are gods :twisted:

Cheers

Shaiboy_UK

This version 1.1 for the iPod Video, stops you from using the menu button to toggle off the backlight.  We used this to save ourselves battery.

Yup. I found this out after several attempts to turn off the backlight last night. Frustrating. Lets hope they fix it soon.

Yup. I found this out after several attempts to turn off the backlight last night. Frustrating. Lets hope they fix it soon.

Hi,

Going by what Apple Support say, it may be that its not a bug, but a

change in features. As instead of the menu button toggling the

backlight on and off when held down, it now just returns you back to the

main menu.

We will have to see i guess.

Cheers

Shaiboy_UK

I actually prefer this change on my nano. I have the backlight set to come on automatically and go off after 5 seconds. Never once have I needed to shut it off manually. And I think these color screens really need the backlight on to be seen properly. The new method saves me a lot of clicking when I need to get back to the main menu.

I have to agree with RailRider. I like this change as well. I go back to the Main Menu sometimes while playing podcasts or music and having to keep pressing the Menu button several times until I get there was a little annoying.

I actually prefer this change on my nano. I have the backlight set to come on automatically and go off after 5 seconds. Never once have I needed to shut it off manually. And I think these color screens really need the backlight on to be seen properly. The new method saves me a lot of clicking when I need to get back to the main menu.

Hi,

I like to save battery more than anything else as some weeks it it can days before i can hook my ipod up to charge. Yes getting back to the menu faster is nice, but this change affects the battery life of your ipod, so i think a lot of users will be more unhappy than happy. Maybe they could have put a option in the menu, for what the button done, toggle backlight or back to main menu.

We''l just have to see if Apple change it back or not.

Cheers

Shaiboy_UK

Maybe they could have put a option in the menu, for what the button done, toggle backlight or back to main menu.

Agreed, that would've been the best thing to do. Then everyone could do as they prefer.