Sign in to follow this  
bytwo

iTunes will not Quit

When I try to Quit iTunes, it automatically relaunches and I'm stuck in an endless loop unable to quit. Does anyone know why (my ipod is not connected)

thanks

What version of iTunes and Mac OS are you using? Have you recently updated anything?

First port of call is to verify and repair permissions via Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility. Then try quitting. If that doesn't work then try Force Quitting by hitting Command+Option (alt)+Escape.

Are you running iTunes on a Mac computer?

That so should have been my first question but I have been "fixing" old Mac testing machines all day that have bugs from years of Alpha/Beta testing software... Damn.

Thanks...and sounds fun...the work you are doing.

I just installed 6.02 running on Mac OSX 10.3.9. Still doesn't want to quit the "normal" way...file/quit. It will allow me to Force Quit..which seems to be the only solution.

I am sorry for having to give a quick response, but I am having a bit of a time here myself. I think your best bet is to head over to http://apple.com/support/discussions and have a poke around there. There arn't going to be that many users running 10.3.9 and iTunes 6.0.2 so that's probably your best bet. I'd say it's the iTunes update.

Failing that I'd report a bug to Apple and see what they say.

I am running Mac OS 10.3.9 and iTunes 6.0.3 on my iBook G4 and have run into the same issue of itunes re-opening. When this issue started I was running Yahoo! Widget Engine v3.0.2 with an itunes remote widget. I simply deleted this widget and the problem went away, no longer having to force quit the itunes application.

hope this helps!

Spyhopper is on the right track. There is probably another application/widget running which is using iTunes.