Sign in to follow this  
Bigpics

Poor Karelia software!!

Talk about a talent for being in the right place at the wrong time....

You said Sandvox would be a great product and I'll bet it's true, but in referencing the Sherlock/Watson saga, you accurately foretold what's happening to this talented, but star-crossed developer with the release of iWeb:

http://news.com.com/Developer+hopes+Apple+..._3-6024912.html

PS: a good, if sad read.....

:cry:

Maybe Apple should buy the company so these poor folks can get some return. By bundling iWeb in iLife they have doomed the low end web authoring market.

It's very unfortunate for these guys, that's for sure.

I think there is room for competition here. iWeb and Sandvox also need to compete with Rapid Weaver which a lot of people really like.

I agree that competition is good for the market

No doubt quite a few people will like iWeb's features, but like most programs, they are never perfect

well, seeing that no one has yet to have their hands on iWeb, all this talk is theoretical after all. Who knows? It might not be that good afterall

I'm sure there are a lot of people like me who want a web-creation app that isn't tied to .Mac. Yes, I know you can export iWeb sites and then FTP them to any host, but why bother when programs such as Sandvox and Rapid Weaver can do it more easily? There will still be a market for those programs.

Sign in to follow this