Sign in to follow this  
ageis

Caution if you are planning to buy an iSkin case for 5G iPod

The folks over at www.iSkin.com have world-class customer service (notice the sarcasm?).

A bit of a warning...

I ordered an eVo3 iSkin case for my 60 Gig 5G iPod two weeks ago, and paid for express shipping (24-48 hours). It shipped fast, although I received the 30 Gig size case instead.

No big deal, mistakes happen...I stroll on over to the customer service area of the site and it reads "Returns and Exchanges received after December 09, 2005 will NOT be processed until Feb 17, 2006." This infuriated me, because if someone is handling the shipping of new orders someone should be handling returns/exchanges, especially when the problem originated from the company. And furthermore, I paid extra for express shipping to get my iPod protected as soon as possible.

Basically, I went ahead and filled out the online form for an exchange and have heard nothing back at all, not even an automated response...the company is probably a "mom and pop" establishment and the owners are out of the country or something. Oh! The best part is the phone number on the site! It belongs to a cell phone. Great. So...I'm waiting until late February to get my case that I ordered the first week of January.

My advice: The product is great, although I'm not sure it is worth the $47 I paid for it, but it doesn't disappoint. I would suggest searching for this product through an online store that stocks iSkin's merchandise, because iSkin's customer service is horrible. I will never deal directly with that company again.

I wrote a review of it in the review section.

Nice review! Yeah, I liked the product, and in my opinion it is still the best option for a a padded case (that doesn't detract from the appearance of the iPod) with a belt clip at this point in time. I just wish the company was a bit more solid.

It may be a mom and pop or family type operation and there may be extenuating circumstances, like a death or some other serious issue. At least there was something on the website that gave you a date, that's more that some of the companies I deal with.

roog

If a mom and pop shop goes online to have a 24 hour store, they better make the commitment to answering their customers nationwide. Not sure why they don't have an official number other than a cell.

Personally, I ordered from iSkin and got exactly what I wanted, but it took so long before it arrived. I think that they are just swamped from the demand and chaos emerging after the Holidays.

Anyway when you file the return, you may want to ask for your express shipping money back if this was their error.