Sign in to follow this  
Dinger

macbook Pro Shipping date updated!

Just checked the status of my order and my macbook pro now has a more accurate shipping date, its changed to 15th Febuary.

has anyone elses changed?

Dinger :)

Just checked the status of my order and my macbook pro now has a more accurate shipping date, its changed to 15th Febuary.

has anyone elses changed?

Dinger :)

cancel it, wait until at least what happens to the rest of the range before you unzipp you wallet, hold it upside down, and shake it in their hands!

Wow, just a month away, nice!

Enjoy!

roog

cancel it, wait until at least what happens to the rest of the range before you unzipp you wallet, hold it upside down, and shake it in their hands!

I couldn't agree more. I don't care what Apple says, these things haven't been tested. They're built on the x86 instruction set which means that they are just as vulnerable to virus attacks and worms and spyware as the Windows machines, regardless of the fact that it's the new OSX.

If nothing is wrong with them in six months, then I'll admit defeat. Until then, PowerPC for me.

- MT

accutally, no, the Mac OS is not vunerable to more virus, worm, and spyware attacks because a program does more than talk to the x86 chip, it also talks to the OS. If you can get a Windows app running when you use one of these new Intel Macs straight out of the box and the Windows app is Windows only, then I'll reconsider.

Well, neither of us know for sure so there's really no use in jumping to conclusions before we see it.

- MT

No, it's simply impossible for windows viruses to run on anything but windows regardless of the CPU.

No, it's simply impossible for windows viruses to run on anything but windows regardless of the CPU.

I never said WINDOWS viruses. Look, you can believe what you want to believe. We'll see in six months or so how wrong I am.

- MT