Sign in to follow this  
Dinger

should I buy a macbook pro?

Should I buy a 1.83Ghz Macbook Pro now?  

25 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes! - You wont regret it!
    • No! - Wait for the revison B's in 6 months time!

what i am going to do is sell my G5 and my iBook and just get a MacBook with a cinema display for home. BUT i am going to wait until Final Cut, Photoshop, Macromedia go native on it because i use those a lot.

what i am going to do is sell my G5 and my iBook and just get a MacBook with a cinema display for home. BUT i am going to wait until Final Cut, Photoshop, Macromedia go native on it because i use those a lot.

What type of G5 do you have?

well maybe its an old guy to symbolize how bad the mobile chips of AMD are, but that is my only guess.

To the MacBook Pro.

There are realy only 2 questions you ahve to answer yourself.

Do you need to make Dual Layer DVDs? Yes? then wait

do you need Firewire 800? yes? then wait (but it may never come)

Do you need really long battery life and do not want to carry around an extra battery? you might want to wait

If the answer to allthese question is no.

And you want to get a Mac there is no reason to wait. But if one of your answers was yes you might want to wait

They have good mobile chips. And in all other regions AMD owns intel.

They [AMD] have good mobile chips. And in all other regions AMD owns intel.

Well yes they have ok mobile chips but compared to Intel, Intel totally owns them in the mobile sector so including the CoreDuo.

But it is true that AMD owns themin all other regions.

But lets see what happens when the new Desptop CDUs are coming out in August I have high hopes for those.

Well yes they have ok mobile chips but compared to Intel, Intel totally owns them in the mobile sector so including the CoreDuo.

But lets see what happens when the new Desptop CDUs are coming out in August I have high hopes for those.

Intel had a 2 year head start for mobile chips.

I thought you were against intel.

Intel had a 2 year head start for mobile chips.

well that is AMDs own fault that they didn't start early enought isn't it?

cfspon, in a september issue of Maximum PC they made DMX 05 they had dual dual core AMDs at a total of 8.8 ghz each core was 2.2 ghz, ironically it very close to the powermac excpet they had close to Dual Tera bytes 5 500 hitachis. Also they had dual dual display nvidia cards when they could only use 2 displays but it supported 4.

AMD pwns Intel in dual core.

PC users try to show off how much money they can waste, Mac users try to show off how elegant and simple their OS is, Linux people just love everyone.

cfspon, in a september issue of Maximum PC they made DMX  05 they had dual dual core AMDs at a total of 8.8 ghz each core was 2.2 ghz, ironically it very close to the powermac excpet they had close to Dual Tera bytes 5 500 hitachis. Also they had dual dual display nvidia cards when they could only use 2 displays but it supported 4.

AMD pwns Intel in dual core.

PC users try to show off how much money they can waste, Mac users try to show off how elegant and simple their OS is, Linux people just love everyone.

What do you mean "AMD pwns Intel in dual core?" Also I thought you liked intel.