Sign in to follow this  
Jubilee

I want to do a podcast!!!

I have all the new software and played around with the new garageband and its amazing and has got me really motivated! Only problem.....

What to talk about????

Any ideas????

Nice to see you back.

What are you passionate about? Or what are you totally interested in? A podcast can be about aaaaanything. Or about absolutely nothing. Just as long as you have a lot of fun. Actually your podcast doesn't even have to be fun or positive. It could be totally miserable and negative. I'm not really helping here am I.

Ken

LOL....thanks that's how i feel...i have alot to talk about and not sure where to start....and don't say at the beginning! :D

Thought I'd add a little question in here...

Does anyone know good all around product for podcasting? I have 10.3.9, and the version of iLife before GarageBand, which is annoying, because I'm a kid, and I don't have $80 to throw at iLife '06, as cool as it looks.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thought I'd add a little question in here...

Does anyone know good all around product for podcasting? I have 10.3.9, and the version of iLife before GarageBand, which is annoying, because I'm a kid, and I don't have $80 to throw at iLife '06, as cool as it looks.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

There are some out there. You could try the old faithfuls QuickTime or Skype/Audio Hijack Pro if you want some free examples. It's not great, but it works.

This link may also be worth a look.

Dang guys how can you deny the beautiful and talented JUBILEE with your distractions? To answer the podcast software question. I use Amadeus II for recording and editing a clip. Hypervision AV to assemble all the clips and to make a nice AIFF file. And Squeez 4 to encode with Fraunhofer. You can also use Audition (it's free) by Panic to encode. I know thats a lot of stuff to use but I have my reasons.

Anyway, Jubilee are you still there? I need a female contributer for my show. Basically I need your perspective on the consumer electronics that appeal to you. What do you think? Are you interested?

Ken

Check out my podcast, It's A Different World.

Can someone tell me what a podcast is and how it works? I know that it is in itunes and ipods, but I don't know how it works

Can someone tell me what a podcast is and how it works?  I know that it is in itunes and ipods, but I don't know how it works

This may help. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There is also a thread of peoples favorite podcasts around here somewhere, just do a search.

If your new to the Maccast and you want to do your own podcast but you don't know where to start. Adam has been very helpful by disclosing so much info about how he does the Maccast. Check out Maccast 11.22.2005. Remember that this info is pre Garage Band '06.

So Jubilee, here is a show idea for you. "Getting the Most Out of Your Home Network."

KJ

Thanks! I actually started recording a Podcast yesterday on garageband and since I couldn't pick one topic i picked a few.

I may narrow it down in later podcasts depending on the feedback i get.

This is fantastic news!! Let us know when your feed is up. If you need a host check out Libsyn.com.

KJ

i am actually going to use Iweb and host it on my .mac account.

So i wanna see how that goes. :D

Let us know what the RSS feed will be, so we can check it out!

Podcasting is great fun, and a nice hobby.

every time i think of an idea for a podcast/vidcast, i do a google search to see if anyone else has had the same idea and there's always someone else who's already doing that podcast. :( i wanted to do a vidcast where me and a friend of mine go out with a videocamera and try out all different lifehacks, but it seems 43folders.com already has a podcast. :(

dot mac has a bandwith limit. You can also use your mac as an apache server. I use my mini and it works pretty good when i want to host somebodies site for awhile. You can get a fixed IP adress or just change the domain with your changing ip adress.

The best part is that it is FREE.(once you buy a mac):D

dot mac has a bandwith limit. You can also use your mac as an apache server. I use my mini and it works pretty good when i want to host somebodies site for awhile. You can get a fixed IP adress or just change the domain with your changing ip adress.

1) What is the bandwith limit of a .Mac account?

2) How would I set up an apache server on my Mac?

1) What is the bandwith limit of a .Mac account?

2) How would I set up an apache server on my Mac?

I am not sure of the Bandwith Limit of .Mac, but it is low and Costs you $$ once it is used up.

To setup an apache server on your mac, go to system Prefs. and go to sharing>personal web sharing and turn on. You can then make a website and export the site to the sites folder in your home folder. In sys. Prefs., it will tell you the address of the site for your user.You can then visit your site!

Hope this helps! :D