Sign in to follow this  
houltmac

Insane Hardware Photo

i want it minus the dell give me a quad core g5 id show them how it was done.

In my old office we had a dual 30" Cinema setup. It was sweeeeeeet.

This dude just has too many laptops though.. and way to much wire clutter... and way too much money! Also, who needs 2 tablets?

I do the same thing as him with a pc - I just run it with remote desktop instead of VPC. It is cheaper in the long run.

Depending on when this was all purchased, I'd put that at around $20K US.

Why does he need 2 PowerBooks. Also why does he have the Mini if he has a dual G5?

Why does he need 2 PowerBooks. Also why does he have the Mini if he has a dual G5?

The 12 and 17 are completely different computers. One is a desktop replacement, used as such I would imagine, while the other is small enough for a photographer to put in his bag, which he says he does. The mini is used as a digital media hub only while the other computers fill his artistic, tech and probably work needs.

He could actually be Bill Gates in disguise ph34r.gif... he actually uses Macs because he knows his OS sucks. The Dell and Toshiba are just there for show tongue.gif

The 12 and 17 are completely different computers. One is a desktop replacement, used as such I would imagine, while the other is small enough for a photographer to put in his bag, which he says he does. The mini is used as a digital media hub only while the other computers fill his artistic, tech and probably work needs.

Yeah I also don't get my he has 2 powerbooks.

The 12" is for mobility

The Mini is his media centre

The PowerMac is his Desktop

He says he uses the Powerbooks for private stuff Email etc. and the PowerMac for work, but I thought macOSX is awesome at Multitasking? Well I guess not huh?

But awesome set up that is how I would set up my home, except my MacMIni would be in the Living Room probably

this was on digg.com

i dont see why he needs two powerbooks. no matter what you say matt, he could of gotten a 15inch and use it both for portability and a desktop replacement (which he doesn't need). plus its not like the powerbooks have a big age difference between them either, they're both fairly close to each other.

this was on digg.com

i dont see why he needs two powerbooks. no matter what you say matt, he could of gotten a 15inch and use it both for portability and a desktop replacement (which he doesn't need). plus its not like the powerbooks have a big age difference between them either, they're both fairly close to each other.

I don't see that someone can need that many computers either, no matter what they are for. If I had the option I would have a work computer, a home computer and a media computer but that would be a little more reasonable I think. Overall, the PowerBooks are very different, in terms of portablility; but that doesn't mean he needs both. Just that he says it's why he bought them.

So what would your dream apple setup be?

Honestly? One of every Mac. I know I wouldn't use it; but I would like to have it anyway.

2GB PC2-4200 DDR2 - 2x1GB SO-DIMMs

100GB Ultra ATA drive @ 7200 rpm

SuperDrive DL (DVD+RW/CD-RW)

AirPort Extreme Card & Bluetooth

Backlit Keyboard/Mac OS - U.S. English

Final Cut Express HD preinstalled

AppleCare Protection Plan for MacBook Pro/PowerBook (w/or w/o Display) - Auto-enroll

ATI Mobility Radeon 9700

15.2-inch TFT Display

Specifications

2.5GHz Quad-core PowerPC G5

16GB 533 DDR2 ECC SDRAM- 8x2GB

2x500GB Serial ATA - 7200rpm

NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT 256 MB SDRAM

Apple Cinema HD Display (23" flat panel)

Apple Cinema HD Display (23" flat panel)

AirPort Extreme + Bluetooth built-in

Apple USB Modem

16x SuperDrive DL (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)

Fibre Channel PCI Express Card (w/ SFP-SFP cable)

Apple Keyboard & Mighty Mouse - U.S English

Mac OS X - U.S. English

Final Cut Express HD preinstalled

Accessory kit

I have big dreams.

I powerMac G4 the one nnick named Wind tunnel with a 200 GB HD, TV Tuner Card, dual displays, not the cinema display but the previous gen. a 250 GB firewire 400 LacIe HD

a 60 GB iBook with superdrive

15" MacBookPro with 23" Cinema Display

100GB, 2GB Ram, 256vRam

500GB external storage

But then I would also like 3 USB 2.0 and at least 1 Firewire 800 and 8x Dual Layer

So this means for me I would have to wait for Revision B of the MacBook Pro

Now this would be for me.

But then realyl I would lke to have a Mac for each of my family members.

So I would need about 6 Macs at least, and don't forget the iPods to go with them :)

Also a collection of old Macs and Apples. Not to mention a 20th anniversary Mac, and a 1st gen iMac.

Also a collection of old Macs and Apples. Not to mention a 20th generation Mac, and a 1st gen iMac.

don't you mean 20th anniversary Mac?

Also a collection of old Macs and Apples. Not to mention a 20th generation Mac, and a 1st gen iMac.

don't you mean 20th anniversary Mac?

Woops, I am posting by PowerBook light in my room praying not to wake my mom. Also it is nearly midnight here so... :oops: :oops: :oops:

I need to edit that.

happens all the time to me. but for fun check out here

I have and love that app. Why did you point me to it?

to correct you on your post mistake. lol

It was Mactracker that made me want a 20th Mac. It has a great startup noise.