Sign in to follow this  
MitchA

Spell Check in Safari

Is there a way to permanently enable spell checking as you type in Safari? I really find it inconvenient to have to enable it every time. I did some poking around on Google and wasn't able to find anything.

Thanks!

Not that I am aware of but I was planning on looking for something this weekend. I do use the shortcut incase you missed there was one though so there is a point to my response.

Mine stays on. I turned it on once and haven't touched it since.

-Rob

Mine stays on. I turned it on once and haven't touched it since.

-Rob

Hmm. How'd you manage that? I have about had it with Safari though. Been screwing everything up lately. Screwing up cookies here, freezes up for a bit when I navigate the ticket system for work, I just can't win with Safari lately!

Hmm. How'd you manage that? I have about had it with Safari though. Been screwing everything up lately. Screwing up cookies here, freezes up for a bit when I navigate the ticket system for work, I just can't win with Safari lately!

Maybe you need to run the disk repair from your OSX CD. If that doesn't work, maybe downloading safari from Apple or the latest update and reinstalling. Have you tried Cocktail? It will clear all of your caches and just generally cleans things up.

Just some ideas. It sounds like something needs to be fixed.

-Rob

I run Onyx frequently and I've reset Safari several times. I'll keep poking around. Thanks for your help.

I deleted some microsoft based word plugins for safari and killed it.i made a copy of it off my mac mini via flash disk. Warning! you can only download updates for safari not safari itself.

I deleted some microsoft based word plugins for safari and killed it.i made a copy of it off my mac mini via flash disk. Warning! you can only download updates for safari not safari itself.

Can't you reinstall from a OS X install disk?

I don't believe it's a seperate option, I've never seen it anyway.

Can't you reinstall from a OS X install disk?

I would download the last COMBO updater that had an update to safari. It shouldn't damage your system when you run it, but it might replace some corrupted files as it reinstalls things. You might have to then redo any updates since then or you just might want to download the latest COMBO updater.

I've done this in the past with the latest updaters, and it has helped. I've found that updating with just the necessary package sometimes causes problems like you seem to be experiencing. When I downloaded the huge combo updater and used it, problems seem to go away. <-- something to try.

After re-reading my note, it seems a bit confusing. :-s Let me know if I'm not being clear and I'll try to explain more thoroughly.

-Rob