Sign in to follow this  
captainmac

iCon Book

Has anybody had a chance to read "iCon Steve Jobs : The Greatest Second Act in the History of Business"?

I picked it up on Friday and i've gotten about half way through it so far.

I can understand why Steve was so irate about it. It doesn't always show him in a good light. But if it wasn't for him where would we all be right now?

When I finish I'll give me complete opinion on the book.

Michael

I haven't read it yet...but did listen to The Second Coming of Steve Jobs from audible.com recently. Steve doesn't sound like someone I'd like to work for. :/

I'd be interested in hearing an opinion on someone who has read both. I'm not sure I can do with another full dose of a Steve Jobs book.

Kat

I can understand why Steve was so irate about it. It doesn't always show him in a good light. But if it wasn't for him where would we all be right now?

one of the authors of iCon wrote a book about him several years ago which was very negative, and that's probably why Steve had no tolerance with him this time around, even though iCon is supposed to be more positive about Steve. To be honest, I can understand why Steve retaliated like he did and dont really blame him for removing all those books from apple stores - though I feel Steve probably did the book a huge favour because this bit of news, with a nice pic of the book no less, has been on countless websites and magazines. Lots of free advertising, and people will just go on Amazon like they would of anyway.

..Ant

But if it wasn't for him where would we all be right now?

Personally, I think Apple is where it is more because of Jonathan Ives than Steve Jobs.

But that's just me.

But if it wasn't for him where would we all be right now?

Personally, I think Apple is where it is more because of Jonathan Ives than Steve Jobs.

But that's just me.

I believe it's the combination. The decision to adapt the ipod concept right from the start, sure Jonathan Ives made ipod the icon it is today, but I'm sure Steve did insist on making all the details right.

http://writersblocklive.com/