Sign in to follow this  
kwsanders

forum issues

yea... I had seen that issue a while back as well. I quit going to the forums via the email links due to the same reasons.

I have narrowed it down to something weird on the forums. If I use the icon button to go to the newest post in a thread, it takes me to that post, but in a non-logged in state. Things are really acting weird. I have removed the cookie a few times now with no affects.

I have narrowed it down to something weird on the forums.  If I use the icon button to go to the newest post in a thread, it takes me to that post, but in a non-logged in state.  Things are really acting weird.  I have removed the cookie a few times now with no affects.
Does the non-logged in thing to me as well. Every time. I managed to fix the other problems though! Is anyone else having these problems? Also what skin are you using?

Right now, I am using the Macinscott2 skin. I was using Macinscott before today, though.

How did you fix the other problems?

I have had issues that I think relate to having two tabs end up on the homepage having come from different roots etc. I haven't paid enough attention to keep track; I will be sure to from now on.

Not really sure how i fixed the other problems other than switching to Firefox. Do you have the same problems across all of the skins?

So far, yes... I am using one of the defaults now... cannot remember the name, but it logged me out when going to the newest message in a thread last night.

BTW, I have had the same issues with Firefox at work on a Windoze machine.

So far, yes... I am using one of the defaults now... cannot remember the name, but it logged me out when going to the newest message in a thread last night.

BTW, I have had the same issues with Firefox at work on a Windoze machine.

This seems like a very weird issue, and I am not sure why it keeps happening. What is weird is that not many peoplel are having this problem.

There was a new post about this in the Feedback forum tonight. I pointed him to his thread.

There was a new post about this in the Feedback forum tonight.  I pointed him to his thread.
Yeah, I saw that. It puzzles me since this is currently only causing problems for 3 members. I'll talk to Adam about it again, and do some investigating myself.

yes, here i am. samee problem. just documenting it here. like i said, it seems to happen to me when i log on from my laptop and then get home and try from my G5. or at least this is the first time I have noticed the problem related to something.

I am going to try to get this problem corrected this weekend, so hopefully by next week we won't be having the problem anymore. If anyone else is having this problem, please reply in this thread.

The problem has appeared to have fixed itself for me. Try clearing your cache as well as your cookies (that is the only thing I can really track down as something I did on my end to fix this)

Alright, I have some possible fixes lined up here, so hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Let us know if you figure anything out. This is the first time I have gotten on today (11:10 pm CST). It is still happening to me.

I believe some configuration changes need to be made, which is something that Adam has to do as I don't have access to the configuration files of the board. One of us will post here after the change is made.

Thanks for all your research and help on this Mitch.

Alright. We made a change, so hopefully that fixed things. You will need to remove your current maccast cookies to be able to have things functioning properly again.

This rules! No more going to the first message in a thread and scrolling to where I hopefully remembered where I left off the night before. :)

Thanks for your work on this Mitch.