Sign in to follow this  
isaiah1112

TV Shows Now Available

I remember seeing in this forum a while back someone who was wondering why the option to set a video as a "TV Show" was not available when the "Music Video" option was available. Well... I just wanted to drop a quick post and let everyone know that since upgrading to iTunes 6.0.2 I can now set video content to the "TV Show" option under the information window for the video track in iTunes!

See... Apple was listening to our cries!

Great pickup man! I couldn't have seen this in the UK. Thanks.

Although you can now do this, it's pointless because iTunes uses special tags for TV shows, like "show" and "season" and these tags are not modifiable. The result is that videos tagged as TV Show will not show up on the iPod menus, because tags like "show" are blank.

Hmm... I wonder if they are just unavailable in the UI. I am going to look into the scripting of iTunes and see if I cant dig anything up because you might be able to change those tags through a script talking directly with the track!

UPDATE:

I found that the tags "Show" and "Title" are based on the "Name" and "Album" tags in iTunes. To setup your show on a video clip just put the show name in the "Album" section, the name of the eppisode in the "Name" section, and the genre of the video to "TV Shows". Then, go to the Options tab and choose "TV Show" from the dropdown menu! You should be able to do everything with that video as you would do with a show downloaded from the music store!

If none of that worked let me know!

What is the point of that?

What is the point of that?

Basically, you could take a DVD of a TV show and rip it to iTunes. Setting these fields there would allow it to show up under the TV Shows section under the Videos playlist.

Not a huge deal for the majority of us but for others this is a welcomed feature!