Sign in to follow this  
alpharay

QuickCam® Orbit MP for Mac ?

Guys,

anybody know how to get my QuickCam® Orbit MP working for Mac ?

It is an USB cam; but I was suprised to find out it does not have Mac support.

any idea ? I dont' need anything fancy; just want to use iChat on it.

thanks

ray

Just to double check; it won't work natively in iChat? If you click on the video tab in preferences then you don't see how you could get it working?

If not then I suggest you contact Logitech direct because I can't see any real information on this after 10.2. Otherwise, I am available on iChat now to talk directly.

I don't have the cam with me now; so I don't know for sure.

However I remembered I tested it before and it does not work. I tested it with Yahoo Massager too. No luck on that for sure.

Some how logitech is not support Mac for that model of cam. it does not have a driver for it, which is kind of weird. I always thought USB should work with both PC and Mac; but I guess it is not the case.

Thanks for your suggestion anyway.

ray

I don't have the cam with me now; so I don't know for sure.

However I remembered I tested it before and it does not work.  I tested it with Yahoo Massager too.  No luck on that for sure.

Some how logitech is not support Mac for that model of cam.  it does not have a driver for it, which is kind of weird.   I always thought USB should work with both PC and Mac; but I guess it is not the case.

Thanks for your suggestion anyway.  

ray

USB works with both platforms, but you may still need a driver. There was one up until somewhere around 10.2.x but it seems to have lagged since then. Perhaps there is a way of natively activating the iSight driver to work with a USB webcam? As I say, Logitech will tell you for sure and they have a great customer service department.