Sign in to follow this  
houltmac

01.24.2006 - iWork/MS Office

I have not used iWork, but rather TextEdit to deliver *.doc files to Windows users and it works great. You would never tell. Just my experience.

I am in love with iWork.

I thought iWork just had Keynote and Pages? Or are the emacs at my school stripped further than I thought?

I thought iWork just had Keynote and Pages? Or are the emacs at my school stripped further than I thought?

Nope, you are right. That said, if you think of all the Apple applications installed on a new Mac that come both with iLife and OS X, you have all your normal "Office Suite" covered apart from spreadsheets and Databases.

I love Iworks! It looks so much nicer when doing decks than powerpoint which I have been using for a long long time! You can also open old powerpoint decks in it and transfer it over to keynote

As far as Pages....I love that for personal uses making invitations and banners and flyers. You can also open old word documents in it as well and PDFs

As well as export pages to PDF and word and text edit as well.

MS office and Iworks work very nicely together.

Can anybody tell me how to get those great wood textures in iWork?!

I remember them demonstrating this at macworld. I have to play around with it and i will get back to you.

Sign in to follow this