Sign in to follow this  
lancer72

Enhanced MacCast avaiable same day as regular MacCast

Hi everyone,

It appears to me that the enhanced MacCast is being published on iTunes on the same day as the regular MacCast-- this is great because I know that there was previously a 3-4 day delay in publishing the enhanced MacCast, and I definitely prefer the eMacCast for its chapter markers, graphics and links.

I am curious as to whether Adam is now using iLife 06 to get the eMacCast out on time or if it is due to perfecting his process in preparing the podcast for release. Either way I hope that the on-time releases become a standard!

I am a new forum member and am looking forward to another great year of the MacCast.

Thanks,

Alan

I remember Adam saying on one of the past MacCasts that he now uses Garageband included in iLife 06 which supports easy chaptering.

Hi everyone,

It appears to me that the enhanced MacCast is being published on iTunes on the same day as the regular MacCast-- this is great because I know that there was previously a 3-4 day delay in publishing the enhanced MacCast, and I definitely prefer the eMacCast for its chapter markers, graphics and links.

I am curious as to whether Adam is now using iLife 06 to get the eMacCast out on time or if it is due to perfecting his process in preparing the podcast for release. Either way I hope that the on-time releases become a standard!

I am a new forum member and am looking forward to another great year of the MacCast.

Thanks,

Alan

First off, I would like to say it would usually be out within 24 hours of the original release. 8) The delay was necessary, because I had to get the high quality file, do my work, convert into enhanced AAC, get it back to Adam, and Adam add it to the feed. Adam is using Garageband to do it now, which gets rid of just about every step in that list. It should be standard that the eMacCast is released (almost) silmutaneously. 8)

Is there an RSS feed for the eMacCast or is it only available via iTunes?

Is there an RSS feed for the eMacCast or is it only available via iTunes?

maccast.com/erss.xml

Yeah. GarageBand 3 kinda put Mitch out of a job. Actually I really want to take a moment and thank Mitch for all the hard work he put in maintaining and creating the eMacCast. We all owe him big time, because without Mitch there would have never been an eMacCast. Thank you Mitch. Mitch now has taken on a new role for me and is actively monitoring this forum and keeping you monkeys in line, so you better be on your best behavior :lol: .

Is the eMacCast free now? I have subscribed to it, and nowhere have I been asked to pay anything...

Yeah. GarageBand 3 kinda put Mitch out of a job. Actually I really want to take a moment and thank Mitch for all the hard work he put in maintaining and creating the eMacCast. We all owe him big time, because without Mitch there would have never been an eMacCast. Thank you Mitch. Mitch now has taken on a new role for me and is actively monitoring this forum and keeping you monkeys in line, so you better be on your best behavior :lol: .

I thought that Monkeys only worked on windows? I never heard a mac user be called a monkey!

Is the eMacCast free now? I have subscribed to it, and nowhere have I been asked to pay anything...

It has always been free :)

If we are going to continue this thread, can we please get back on topic with the eMacCast?

Thanks!