Sign in to follow this  
jslondon

a glimpse inside the new mac mini?

I came across the following link: http://www.mini-itx.com/

and I quote below the text of the Jan 07 entry about AOpen.

If you know about the mini-itx form factor, you know it fits into the Apple mini case. Look at the on-board specs for the motherboard, and it has everything that Apple would be proud to advertise.

Have we seen the future?

"AOpen show Mini-ITX boards at CES

January 07, 2006

The MoDT i945GTt-VFA is the first board we've seen to support the Intel Core Duo processor (aka Yonah), courtesy of Intel's 945GT chipset. It has two DDR2 SODIMM slots, dual Gigabit LAN, DVI, VGA, S-Video, and Composite outputs, one Mini-PCI slot, 2 SATA connectors, a 40 pin IDE connector and the same 4 pin Molex power connector as the i915GMt-FA. Beyond that details are scarce - we'll let you know when more information becomes available."

I'm actually looking forward to picking up a used Mac Mini for my kitchen, so this news is good to me because I'll be waiting on CL for those nice, unsed machines to be posted.

- MT

I came across the following link: http://www.mini-itx.com/

and I quote below the text of the Jan 07 entry about AOpen.

If you know about the mini-itx form factor, you know it fits into the Apple mini case.  Look at the on-board specs for the motherboard, and it has everything that Apple would be proud to advertise.

Have we seen the future?

"AOpen show Mini-ITX boards at CES

January 07, 2006

The MoDT i945GTt-VFA is the first board we've seen to support the Intel Core Duo processor (aka Yonah), courtesy of Intel's 945GT chipset. It has two DDR2 SODIMM slots, dual Gigabit LAN, DVI, VGA, S-Video, and Composite outputs, one Mini-PCI slot, 2 SATA connectors, a 40 pin IDE connector and the same 4 pin Molex power connector as the i915GMt-FA. Beyond that details are scarce - we'll let you know when more information becomes available."

I hope that it doesnt have the i915GMt.