Sign in to follow this  
Neil

Any Recomendations for a 2 Button Mouse w/ Scroll wheel

I want a (at least) 2 button mouse. With a scroll wheel (if it has a ball that is fine). The only thing that I want for sure is, a mouse that has an actual "button" no Mighty Mouse junk. I wanna rest my hand on the mouse and not have a touch sensistive mouse.

Bluetooth Preffered, but USB is fine. Also, nice looks would be nice.

Thanks

I really like my Logitech Bluetooth Mx900.

Take a look at the Amazon reviews; although they aren't all positive, they are fairly accurate. I read the reviews and then bought the mouse. I REALLY like this mouse, but I did upgrade the batteries as is recommended in the reviews.

-Rob

Amazon Link

That one looks pretty good. I remember seeing a mouse that looks like the Apple Pro Mouse, but has 2 buttons, and is not made by Apple. Do you know what I am talking about?

That one looks pretty good. I remember seeing a mouse that looks like the Apple Pro Mouse, but has 2 buttons, and is not made by Apple. Do you know what I am talking about?

I think you are referring to this one by MacMice. Link

I almost bought this mouse, but I was waiting for the bluetooth version at the time. However, everything I read about this mouse says this mouse is flimsy, light, and feels like a toy. This company advertises heavily in MacAddict, which might be where you saw it. The Logitech reviews are better. Definitely take a look, though.

Added after initial posting --- I also wanted a rechargeable mouse. More--- I just noticed the post above this one found this mouse referenced in this post. Sorry for the dupe.

-Rob

The "Mouse BT" looks like the one I am talking about. Is there any other one? I think I saw a different, yet similar, one.

I love my microsoft wireless mouse 6000.

I'd recommend anything from Logitech (MX1000 is perfered) but that's all I say before I get flamed... Bye... <woosh!>

I'd recommend anything from Logitech (MX1000 is perfered) but that's all I say before I get flamed... Bye... <woosh!>

I love that mouse but I can't afford it.

I want a (at least) 2 button mouse. With a scroll wheel (if it has a ball that is fine). The only thing that I want for sure is, a mouse that has an actual "button" no Mighty Mouse junk. I wanna rest my hand on the mouse and not have a touch sensistive mouse.

Bluetooth Preffered, but USB is fine. Also, nice looks would be nice.

Thanks

I can't fualt the standared Microsoft Wireless mouse (much)

The only downside is that you have to plug in a reciever so it isn't truely wireless. I think you can get it in wihite so it will go with your hardware.

Logitech is the best. Been using them for drafting and 3d modeling for years. They are programmable, sturdy, ergonic. I'm waiting for my MX 500 to die so i can upgrade, but the damn thing is virtually indestructable - its been thru the 2 year old smash tests and keeps on tickin.

I think making mouses is the thing that Microsoft is best at.

Microsoft really makes osme great products.

Logitech I always recognized as a big player but I never liked any products of them in my hands.

They just didn't feel right.

But maybe that is just because I am used to Microsoft. :)

The MX1000 is definately an awesome mouse. Almost too many programable buttons. Super percise pointer... NO lag time... it's no different then if you were wired. Rechargable base station, and the battery lasts FOREVER! It's a good weight, size, and solidarity too.

I just bought one of these off eBay (aluminum bluetooth version). I love it. I has real buttons to click, an on/off button, smooth tracking (better than my old BT mouse, a MicroSoft Intellimouse BT), any super smooth scrollwheel. It doesn't seem any more toy-like than an Apple USB Mouse to me. It's very solid with the batteries (2 AA) in it. My 2 cents.

I had 2 of these mice when they first came out.

One of them went bad only after a few uses.

The other one I sold on ebay because of the lazy lag time.

I had problems with the tracking too. The guy from the company's tech support told me they worked better with a black standard mouse pad... he was right, but the pointer still lagged a bit... probably because of the Bluetooth.

That's why I went with the logitech MX1000. I have 2 of these. Also, you don't have to replace the batteries or switch them on and off. They also have many more programable buttons.

My two cents.

Just thought I'd set the record straight as I didn't see it mentioned here:

The only touch-sensitive portion of the MightyMouse is the "squeeze" thing on the sides. The left-click and right-click functions are still actual buttons that have physical movement. You can rest your hand on the mouse and not have to worry about accidental "clicking".

The entire top "shell" of the mighty mouse moves down with each click, similar to that of the older one-button mice. Not like the "TheMouse BT", which has a physical split in the shell, creating two "buttons". The mightymouse, however, will detect which side of the scroll ball you pressed on, and respond with either a left-or a right-click. But again, it is a physical mouse button and not a pressure sensitive one. (Although honestly I wonder how well a completely solid-state mouse would feel?)

I don't own a might mouse but I did finally get a chance to play with one in a store and although I, like you, first thought all the buttons were pressure-sensitive, it turns out that it's not quite true.

PS anyone get kind of a funny sensation when using the scroll ball? It's hard to describe, but a good attempt at describing it is that it is similar to running your finger over a "squeaky-clean" glass, it's not a gliding smooth movement like you get when using a scroll wheel. It also seems to be coming from the movement of the ball- not the sliding of the fingertip across the plastic surface of the "shell". It's actually a little uncomfortable for me. I don't know if I would get used to it if I actually owned one, or if I would find it very bothersome after prolonged use.

Ruahrc