Sign in to follow this  

What do you think of Bush's Second Term In Office

Do you believe that Bush's Second Term In Office Is a Failure?  

51 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

First of all, it was already a great place for terrorists to set up bases and training camps.

Really? In the country where Bin Laden had named it's government as one of their number one enemies you're saying was a great place for terrorists to set up bases and training camps?? Invading iraq had nothing to do with taking measures against terrorists at all. Infact Saddam was near the top of the terrorists hit lists, Saddam was regarded by Bin laden as a infidel atheistic government that had to be destroyed. You must understand what the goal of Bin Laden is. It's to overthrow regimes in the middle east, push out all western influence and create a united fundimentalist arab state run by a islamist government. Why is america a target of Bin Laden's when he's primarily interested in overthrowing middle eastern regimes to create a islamist revolution? Because of the american presense in places like Saudai Arabia and support of israel, america is an ally of the people Bin Laden wants to kill, and that is why Bin Laden attacked America.

Read this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Qaeda#Overview

Afghanstan was exactly what they wanted the whole middle east to look like, and so invading that place was a good call. Why are we destroying Bin Laden's own enemies for him though? The reason is that the availability of cheap oil is more important to america's security than the risk of terrorists attacks.

BTW, most conservatives would call this liberal brainwashing. Because some of these things have been stated by the general media, I've been indoctrinated by the liberal media. I don't think so, buy hey, maybe I'm wrong. :)

lol, I was just about to say that.

You say that, and yet go on parroting fox news.

You say that, and yet go on parroting fox news.

Sorry Morn, I don't watch fox news, so I don't get the reference (If you were referring to my liberalness or to me at all. You might have been referring to iBasden.)

Actually, I don't WATCH any of my news. I get my news from NPR, Newsvine, and a couple of other misc. websites.

I like Newsvine quite a bit because with the commenting and "citizen journalism" it's easy to get liberal, conservative, and moderate points of view pretty quickly.

I find it odd that I get labeled a liberal because I think our President is as dumb as rocks and too arrogant for words when a majority of my political and fiscal views are pretty conservative. Oh well.

-Rob

Umm of course I was refering to iBasden. :?

Umm of course I was refering to iBasden. :?

I was pretty sure, but not positive.

I thought it would be pretty odd for someone to confuse my views on the Iraq war with the conservative reputation of Fox news.

Thanks for clearing that up.

:-)

-Rob

Good a slow increase in gas prices will encourage the market to adapt alternatives to oil.

Good, a slow increase in gas prices will encourage the market to adapt alternatives to oil.

I agree that we need to start seeking alternatives to oil, but this is not a slow increase. If the speed of this increase continues to go unchecked, high gas prices will have a huge detrimental impact on our economy.

Bush will have saved the U.S. from recession by going to war (debatable, I know) and will have led the U.S. into recession with uncontrolled energy prices. All within eight years. How nice for him to leave such a mess for whoever replaces him.

A big recession in the U.S. will affect the rest of the world because we are such huge, spoiled consumers of international products. U.S. recession/depression is not good for anyone.

If you are so worried, why not just buy an electric scooter :wink:

If you are so worried, why not just buy an electric scooter :wink:

Oh yeah how do you suppose you move a fully loaded 16 foot trailer wwith a frigin scooter? :shock: (its part of my dad's job)

The thing is: 1) We would still had 9/11 2) America would have fought back and 3) People who don't actually listen to the soldiers and Iraqis would say the war in Iraq and War on Terror would be mistakes. Bush just has a hard predicament of time.

Why are you trying to associate iraq with 911?