Sign in to follow this  
smc935

free ipods site

I posted some time ago about my experience with getting a free ipod through one of those free ipod web sites.

I did indeed get my 20 gig 4G that way. They let you earn one of each style ipod they have: shuffle, nano, 5g, and premium 60 gig 5g.

A friend of mine in PA very recently finished his 5 required referrals and has his, so it is another confirmation that it does work.

Just thought I'd share it for all those doubters out there. My link in my signature is for the free 4 gig nano. The same company does the other ipods, gives free macminis, and lots of other stuff like playstations, etc.

But you have to be in the us. does anyone know to get one in australia? or want to get one for me

I got the Nano, too! That makes nearly $600 in free iPods I've gotten from this site. First the 20 gig 4G, now the 4 gig Nano.

I'm working on the 60 gig 4G, now. Again I say - this actually works!

How does this really work? What's the catch? Spam? Adware? What?

It looks easy, but the referral system seems like selling one's soul and those of one's friends for not-as-free-as-it-seems stuff.

Just as I don't want my phone number given to every tele-marketer, I'm not too keen on giving my email address to a spam producer.

I'm a skeptic.

-Rob

How does this really work? What's the catch? Spam? Adware? What?

It looks easy, but the referral system seems like selling one's soul and those of one's friends for not-as-free-as-it-seems stuff.  

Just as I don't want my phone number given to every tele-marketer, I'm not too keen on giving my email address to a spam producer.  

I'm a skeptic.  

-Rob

I agree. I need 5 people saying that it is legit before I will even think about it.

same here, I tired one and eventually it took me to a completley different offer for a PSP - after one from Publisher's Clearing House.

I understand why everybody is skeptical, but read what CNN, BBC, Wired, and so many others have said about it and you'll see that it is a profitable business model and, if you sign up for one offer and get 5 others to do the same (like $10 for Blockbuster DVD by Mail) you get your free ipod.

I never received junk mail, telemarketers, spam, nothing. I didn't even have to pay shipping. And, a couple weeks after I got it, they sent me an I Love Ipods tshirt in the mail, free.

So you can doubt or sign up and get a free $300 ipod. I'm telling you from experience, mine and others I know personally, it is legit.

its definaetly for real, but i can see why one would be wary of something like this with the overwhelming amount of scams out there. I didnt believe it at first when one of my friends told me about it, i didnt even believe it when he said he completed what he needed to do. it was only when he brought his Ipod to work to show me it that i believed it. I just got my ipod, it took awhile but i did get one!

I understand why everybody is skeptical, but read what CNN, BBC, Wired, and so many others have said about it and you'll see that it is a profitable business model and, if you sign up for one offer and get 5 others to do the same (like $10 for Blockbuster DVD by Mail) you get your free ipod.  

I never received junk mail, telemarketers, spam, nothing.  I didn't even have to pay shipping. And, a couple weeks after I got it, they sent me an I Love Ipods tshirt in the mail, free.  

So you can doubt or sign up and get a free $300 ipod.  I'm telling you from experience, mine and others I know personally, it is legit.

How much spam did you get?

As a matter of fact, I totally expected to be flooded with spam but since i was sure it was for real, i thought that it would be a small price to pay for a free ipod... the thing is, my spam levels did not increase at all! If you really look into how it works freepay/gratis is making their $$ directly from well known companies and i am sure they make a point of it not to flood people with spam because that would make allot of people angry and word would get around very quickly. if anyone does decide to get their free ipod (hopefull from my link below:)) really take time to read articles from some of the websites that smc935 mentioned and you will see how they make their money and still give this stuff away.

Is there any way that I don't have to give a credit card number. I have none.

i think you need one, but i am not positive. ill look over the FAQ's. I think just to sign up you dont need one but in order to go any further, you will need one.

i think you need one, but i am not positive. ill look over the FAQ's. I think just to sign up you dont need one but in order to go any further, you will need one.

i think you need one, but i am not positive.  ill look over the FAQ's.  I think just to sign up you dont need one but in order to go any further, you will need one.

So to get my free iPod I need to give a credit card.

I guess it is to be sure that people dont sign up 5 times with different names from the same address, one of the rules is only 1 sign up per household.

Credit card required?

The company that gives away the free ipods doesn't want any credit card info. They don't care about that. They simply give you a list of companies they've set up deals with. You choose one, complete the deal according to their requirements, and then that company tells the free ipods company that you did indeed complete an offer. That's it.

The free ipods company doesn't even ask you to pay shipping.

smc, I'm wiling to give it a shot, but one thing you never mention is what the site URL is for the 5g iPod, would you mind giving that one?

Credit card required?

The company that gives away the free ipods doesn't want any credit card info.  They don't care about that.  They simply give you a list of companies they've set up deals with.  You choose one, complete the deal according to their requirements, and then that company tells the free ipods company that you did indeed complete an offer.  That's it.

The free ipods company doesn't even ask you to pay shipping.

Those companies require a credit card.

I posted some time ago about my experience with getting a free ipod through one of those free ipod web sites.  

I did indeed get my 20 gig 4G that way.  They let you earn one of each style ipod they have:  shuffle, nano, 5g, and premium 60 gig 5g.  

A friend of mine in PA very recently finished his 5 required referrals and has his, so it is another confirmation that it does work.  

Just thought I'd share it for all those doubters out there.  My link in my signature is for the free 4 gig nano.  The same company does the other ipods, gives free macminis, and lots of other stuff like playstations, etc.

Sorry, but I am afraid I still don't believe you. I think that in fact you have not won anything, and you are wanting us to sign up so you can get some referals. The only reason that you would be advertising this is because you want to win something. The link in your signiture is to your referal page. Sorry if I am wrong, but NOTHING is free.

Sorry, but I am afraid I still don't believe you. I think that in fact you have not won anything, and you are wanting us to sign up so you can get some referals. The only reason that you would be advertising this is because you want to win something. The link in your signiture is to your referal page. Sorry if I am wrong, but NOTHING is free.

You are correct that nothing is free. You don't just ask them and get it in the mail. You have to fulfill their requirements. But I've already explained this and I'll leave it to you and anyone else to follow or ignore it.

I received 4G 20 gig iPod, right before they made color screens standard. I happen to be wearing my free ipods t-shirt they sent me today as well. Don't believe me? Oh well. I see no point in lying about these things.

Now I've completed the requirements for the Nano. So that makes 2 free ipods.

The link in my signature is for the 60 gig 5G.

Anyone can see all the offers from the company at their web site: www.freepay.com

They provide links to read real media reports on the company.

well i guess you are right it isnt totally free if you want to count the time you spend asking people to sign up. I did have to "work at it" in order to get my referrals for my ipod and when i completed my offer I paid $5 for shipping of the skin cream "free trial" but $5 and my time was definatly worth the Ipod-

here is a website that you can get all kinds of information on these offers- its like this website, lots of forums: freeipodguide.com

Im signing up to see for myself. New gmail account for it incase of spam... is there an age requirement? I dont want to have gotten this far only to be screwed.

and what will the other sites use my credit card for? i would have to use my parents'... and if something happened they would casterate me

I created a yahoo mail account just to avoid spam in my regular inbox. Never got any though. So that turned out well.

As for credit card - I used mine to sign up for Blockbuster DVD-by-mail rental. I haven't had any problems. They are a reputable company so I'm not worried about it. Most of the companies listed I'd heard of before so trust wasn't much of an issue. And like I said before, the freeipods people themselves didn't get my credit card info.

As for age, I know a kid who is around 13 who got one. I think he just had his parents sign up for something and there was no problem.