Sign in to follow this  
Eye_Doc

New iMac Ordered!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

New iMac just ordered off Apple UK education site!!! Added in 1 GB RAM, extra VRAM and 500Gb HDD.

But.......

3-4 weeks waiting time

:? :( :x :evil:

if you removed the 500 gig harddrive it would take only 7 to 10 days.

D'oh!!!

Main reason for upgrading was plenty of room for video and the like so I suppose I would prefer to wait.

Hopefully will be more universal binaries by then too!

I ordred a macbook, I'm waiting until the 2nd of march. :(

I ordered the 17" imac with GIG of RAM too, but its taking almost two weeks, I just checked FedEx, and its still in China where its being shipped from(which I didn't realize_

China is where they are assembled, so you are getting it right after it's done, no delays by shipping it to a US re-shipper.

I work at FedEx and you'll be getting it in one piece unlike the brown way. :-)

roog

I work at FedEx and you'll be getting it in one piece unlike the brown way. :-)

roog

hahaha, Yeah I have had good luck with Fed Ex, I was just saying I ignorantly didnt realise that it was being shipped straight from there. I thought by now that had them here in America. BUt it is pretty sweet getting it shipped directly from being assembled. Thanks for the additional reassurance that Fed Ex will take care of my new baby

I ordred a macbook, I'm waiting until the 2nd of march. :(

You will be waiting longer than that. They dont ship till after the 14th. They jus arrive in stores the 15-18th of feb.

It says it ships on the 24th, with deilvery on the 2nd. :x Don't tell me it'll be later.

I just ordered an iMac too - bog standard because I don't want to wait too long.

The site said 3 - 8 days - they gave themselves plenty of leeway there.

Wish it came with 1GB mem standard- I will order 1GB from Crucial in the UK - much cheaper than buying the extra memory from Apple. Easy to put in also I have seen some pics somewhere that shows how easy it it.

Can't wait........ :lol:

I have decided to cancel the order and order it without the 500Gb HDD. For the same money I can buy a 250Gb external HDD and use that initially as a back up and then as extra space.

Should mean the machine comes by next week!

I ordered it late on Monday evening and Thursday I have the beast on my desk and I am a very happy bunny.

Taking a while to get used to the apple keyboard after using my mac mni with a win keyboard. Was both helpful and a pain in the rear when I was switching over to the Mac.

This is one sweet machine......

I ordered my new iMac on the 19th and the order started to be processed on the 24th January because they had to wait for my wire fransfer to come in.

I ordered a 20" iMac with 256vRam and 1GB Ram with Applecare.

The machine was built by the 26th but didn't ship out of China until yesterday 2nd February. Or at least that is day when it arrived in the Neterlands.

Now on 3rd Febuary Friday morning it has arrived in Germany and is only 45 in from my house.

At least that was at 7:06 a.m. this morning, so it should arrive at my doorstep any second now.

That was 3 hours ago, oh why does it take so long, you think they deliver to other people before they get to my house :?: :evil: so mean :)

What I don't getis why it took over 1 week to get from China to the Netherlands, I thought Apple is sending them by air freight. Did the plane circle our planet 14 times? Or did they have to wait for a plane to fill full of iMacs to be shipped to Europe?

Can you imagine that a whole plane full of Macs and iPods?

Awesome :lol:

Oh any second, any second it will be here...

You guys have got to do the whole "opening your iMac box pictures" and post them here.

Good call on the Applecare... it will pay for itself in the first year... just don't hesitate to use it... get your money's worth out of it!

Buying super large hard drives is always risky in my opinion. It's better to have several smaller HDs. Something goes bad, a drive dies, and how much are you out? Although a bit more cumbersome, multiple medium size (160-250GB) HD is safer.

How do you mean the whole picture thing, you have examples?

My mac is now standing on the desk it has arrived at 2 p.m. jey :D

I fully agree on the harddrive part.

And I guess I should call Applecare abit since I don't understand some stuff.

See my new post in hardware.

A lot of people use thier digital cameras to take picture of them opening up thier new Mac computer boxes, and setting it up. This is fairly common because people love thier Macs so much... it's like birthing a baby! It's very exciting to get a new mac, so it's fun to share that with the rest of the community here. You can get a free account on http://www.flickr.com and when you put your pictures up on that site, you can post a link to these forums. It's up to you... just a thought java script:emoticon(':D')

Very Happy