Sign in to follow this  
mikemonce

Soon to be switched - Quicken data transfer?

Been a Windows user for 10 years and ready for the switch, change...improvement. My only major concern is transferring my Quicken financial files. According to the Quicken website, not all data will be transfered from Windows Quicken to Mac Quicken. This will be a huge project if I need to manually input several years of financial data that will not transfer. Has anyone recently made the Mac Quicken switch? Any advice?

you will need to email them and ask what exactly will be missing..... :?

I seem to remember going from PC to MAC is less eventful than going from MAC to PC. This is due to the way MACs handle dates.

It's not that bad. Intuit wasn't much help.

Not sure if they changed anything is Quicken 2006. But for 2005 I had to export all my accounts into qif files and then import into quicken for mac.

You loose your scheduled payments and memorized reports. But most everything else comes over. Basicly anything you can export as a qif you can convert.

There is an article on Intuits web site with details.

Try this link or go to their support section for quicken for mac and it is one the questions in the faq.

https://quicken.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/quicke...&p_sid=XyOkvY-h

When I did it the only problem I had was that some of my splits were messed up so my balance was way off. I had to go search for items that were not cleared for the past few years and delete them. It took me about an hour.

Check out the Quicken newsgroup (alt.comp.software.financial.quicken). Specifically, Google a few terms like "mac quicken convert" or something to that nature.

I have found this newsgroup to be very beneficial in the years I've been using Quicken, and have seen articles regarding the switch to Quicken for the Mac.

On a personal note, from what I've read in the past -- and this could have changed -- Quicken for the Mac is behind Quicken for the PC, particularly in the 401k tracking arena. I use this functionality, and therefore continue to use a PC for Quicken (2005 Deluxe).

Please keep us posted.

Thanks for the replies. I will post an update once I complete the transfer.