Sign in to follow this  
firebirdboi06

how to have someone switch

Anyone have an idea on how I can convince someone to switch from a Sony Vaio (purchased in August)? He even prefers WMP to iTunes (how I'll never know) but I figure, where there's a will, there's a way...

If it's a laptop, break off all the plastic and rubber bits that hide all the ports.

Show him how easy it is to do things his laptop can't. OR, let him use your Mac laptop for a few days... create a new user account for him. OR, the next time his machine is broken / infected, point out that your Mac is still buzzing along just fine.

Show him how easy it is to do things his laptop can't.  OR, let him use your Mac laptop for a few days... create a new user account for him.  OR, the next time his machine is broken / infected, point out that your Mac is still buzzing along just fine.

FB doesn't have a mac yet.

Show him how easy it is to do things his laptop can't.  OR, let him use your Mac laptop for a few days... create a new user account for him.  OR, the next time his machine is broken / infected, point out that your Mac is still buzzing along just fine.

FB doesn't have a mac yet.

Sorry, I just figured someone who was in the Mac Pride section of the MacCast forums, and was labeled as a "Mac Geek", and asking about how to get someone to switch... would in fact own a Mac...

How could I be so stupid :-) LOL

Why do you want him to switch? If everything on the Windows side (as innefficient as it is) works for him then let him be. Don't try to force him to spend some money on something he obviously doesn't want or need for that matter, considering it's basically a brand new Vaio, just because you think its better.

Bahhhh humbug

These windows addicts are sick, and need mac medicine.

:-)

Anyone have an idea on how I can convince someone to switch from a Sony Vaio (purchased in August)? He even prefers WMP to iTunes (how I'll never know) but I figure, where there's a will, there's a way...

The way I did it was to take and sit back and let my dad's PC laptop to start to fall apart. Frist the harddrive want on him. Will I made to the pont when this happened that my Old G3 Desktop that I had was still run fine affter run OS 10.4 for about 8 months at that point. Then came the fact that we could not save any of his old data on that old harddrive. Then when I was doing the reinstall of his windows XP I let him play with my mac. Anyway after that he got a but load of Spyware and other stuff on his drive will you guess it I had to reinstall the OS. Will that was going on I pointed out the fact that my OS did not get the Spyware and other stuff that his PC did. and at that time I had been 100% uptime with my old G3 Desktop. When I did this reinstall I take and told him about how would not lose my email othe apps if I did a reinstall. So I did a Reistall of my OS on that G3 and in the time it tock for the windows laptop to install and to update and get email other apps working I had reinstalled my OS updated it and was backup and running. Then his Laptop LCD gave out and then his DVD drive started to act up that was when I take him to the apple store and showed him the mac mini and then guess what when we got back to the house he when online to Apple's Store and ordered a 20" iMac G5 3 months before they come out with the iSite in them.

So to wrap up just keep letting him know slowly how his laptop stacks up to the Mac not just the Hardware but the "OS" that is what will over time win over windows user more than anything.

As much as i despise Windows and while i may spare little pity for Win Media Center Edition and i do like some PC hardware and coming from me i must say this. Even though you bought a sony product and while its relatively new use it and hack OSX X86 on that or even linux, amaze him with linux and just show how him how easy it is (linux) then when its time comes hit with a mac. just don't rub it in his face that he got pn3d for buying a PC no matter how it sucks.

wow, that came out of my typing hands?