Sign in to follow this  
broaddd

iPod video 1.1 update: don't do it

i read this morning that there seems to be a bug in the 1.1 that stops videos playing properly: they tend to hiccup at the 30s mark and then drop audio.

and then i experienced the bug for myself on the tram :-(

i will have to revert to 1.0 or wait for a fix...

personally it seems to particularly affect non-ITMS encoded video, like stuff I've done on iSquint (great app btw http://www.isquint.org).

b

i read this morning that there seems to be a bug in the 1.1 that stops videos playing properly: they tend to hiccup at the 30s mark and then drop audio.

and then i experienced the bug for myself on the tram :-(

i will have to revert to 1.0 or wait for a fix...

personally it seems to particularly affect non-ITMS encoded video, like stuff I've done on iSquint (great app btw http://www.isquint.org).

b

Strange, I have done the update and am suffering no problems with video or audio playback.

From what I've read and experienced, it only affects the 60gb iPod video, mainly affects self-encoded videos, and perhaps only videos that were transferred before the update was done.

I also found some trouble with it on my 5G 60GB. I'm just going to wait for 1.2 or until I get one of those new iPod remotes. It's not really a big issue except for the fact that you have to deal with update messages (twice) when you plug your iPod into your computer.

I have the 30 GB iPod with video. I upgraded it to v1.1 of the iPod software the same day that it came out. I have not had any problems with video playback.

My 60 Gig 5th Gen hasn't been the same since I updated it :(