Sign in to follow this  
webagogue

"XXXXX XXXXXX, I can't even frickin' talk" (note i

That slip cracked me up since it immediately followed Chris feigning concern over comments made by the canadian guy. :D

--------------

(2005.06.03)

Okay, Adam relayed a message to me that some people were upset by the original title of this message and had asked him to change it. Instead of just making the change, Adam was cool about it and told me basically that it was my call. I respect that and decided to make the change on my own - only because I don't wish to cause Adam any grief.

Okay.. those who asked Adam to make the change - why couldn't any of you just PM me and ask me yourself? I'd also be interested to hear, via PM, how the original title harmed you in any way. Again, all responses via PM, please.

:oops:

Yeah. that was supposed to be edited. Sorry.

It didn't crack me up. MacCast is a great show, but as a Christian I have to say that that comment wasn't too pleasant to hear. Glad to know it was supposed to be edited.

It didn't crack me up.  MacCast is a great show, but as a Christian I have to say that that comment wasn't too pleasant to hear.  Glad to know it was supposed to be edited.

:(

Again, I am very sorry and I never intended to offend anyone. It was simply human error.

Personally, I laughed so hard I nearly ran my car off the road. Not because of what you said, but because it came right after you were so worried you might have aired something vulgar in the Canadian guy's audio comment (incidentally, it wasn't).

Adam, you have no reason to be embarassed. There is nothing wrong with being human.

And frankly, anyone who is considering saying (or already has said) anything designed to embarass or chide Adam about this needs to get a life. Most people are inclined to use words far more vulgar than that at the drop of a hat. It would probably have sounded more like "Holy <s-word>, I can't even <f-word> talk!" off many people's lips.

Oh and with "many people," I include a whole lot of people I know who identify as Christians but who don't seem to mind dropping more than just the occasional curse word.

What I said certainly wasn't meant to chide or embarrass Adam - sorry if it sounded that way.

Thanks for the kind apology, Adam.

just heard hte show, very funny Adam, all is forgiven...I'd love to hear more unedited shows if they are as funny...

Personally, I laughed so hard I nearly ran my car off the road. Not because of what you said, but because it came right after you were so worried you might have aired something vulgar in the Canadian guy's audio comment (incidentally, it wasn't).

Adam, you have no reason to be embarassed. There is nothing wrong with being human.

And frankly, anyone who is considering saying (or already has said) anything designed to embarass or chide Adam about this needs to get a life. Most people are inclined to use words far more vulgar than that at the drop of a hat. It would probably have sounded more like "Holy <s-word>, I can't even <f-word> talk!" off many people's lips.

Oh and with "many people," I include a whole lot of people I know who identify as Christians but who don't seem to mind dropping more than just the occasional curse word.

here here. No worries Adam! words are words.... intentions are something entirely different, and we know your intentions are always for the good. Keep up the amazing work!

shrug.gif

i say cuss all you want!  8)

Absolutely not. The Maccast is one of the few entertaining Podcasts that I can listen to with my kids in the car. I appreciate the fact that Adam runs a clean show. Thanks again, Adam, for doing such a good job. The occasional slip-ups will occur, but it is nice to know they aren't intentional.

I agree. I heard the recording from the Mac Gathering where Adam mentioned during the panel discussion that his show is family friendly. I believe Adam takes pride in that fact and I believe he will keep it that way.

As someone else mentioned, we are all human and even the most well intended Christian has the occasional slip-up.

Great show Adam! Keep up the good work!

I laughed too when i heard it. It was spontaneous, and you obviously didn't want to offend anybody.

Let's forget it, and go on with the show :)

Nothing to worry about. To err is human. In fact, I find ths slip is pretty natural.

Christians using Macs...

The name Apple and the image of an apple with a bite taken out, suggest that Apple computer and their prouducts are so good that people should ignore God to get at. Just like the 'forbidden fruit.'

Okay, how bout this: one of the technologies in OS X is Darwin, as in Darwin's theory that man came from lower species, not a higher being (insert XXXXX XXXXXX's name here)

oh, and Apple claims OS X is the 'Evolution of the Species"

Just some thoughts...

what show number is this maccast episode?