Sign in to follow this  
wilgomez

Where can I start a personal web page?

I want to start a personal web page and I need suggestions on where can I host the site.

I cannot afford the .Mac membership so the site most be FREE and I most be abble to use Rapidweaver.

I would appreciate any comments on wich of the free internet web host sites is the best.

Thanks

Honestly, I would go with GoDaddy.com. Now, their hosting will cost you at minimum 3 dollars per month but that really isn't that much if you consider that a Starbucks Coffee can sink you 5 or 6 buck a day and up to 200 bucks a month!

Often your ISP will include web hosting with your service. you might want to check there.

i use www.doteasy.com you get 100mb free webspace, and the domain names arent too exspensive, though if you have a domain already registered they arent that cheap to get it transfered, however they offer a good service, free mail accounts etc... and good free customer online support.

also if you put in the address of another web address that is registered with them when you sign up, as a recommendation to you, then they will give 200mb free space.

i use www.doteasy.com you get 100mb free webspace, and the domain names arent too exspensive, though if you have a domain already registered they arent that cheap to get it transfered, however they offer a good service, free mail accounts etc... and good free customer online support.

also if you put in the address of another web address that is registered with them when you sign up, as a recommendation to you, then they will give 200mb free space.

What kind of services does doiteasy.com provide in the way of CGI scripting and databases?

I'll beat all the competitors listed here!! I'll give you 200 MB space and 30 GB bandwidth FREE HOSTING!!! PM me if you would like it

I'll beat all the competitors listed here!! I'll give you 200 MB space and 30 GB bandwidth FREE HOSTING!!! PM me if you would like it

I would LOVE that.

I'll beat all the competitors listed here!!  I'll give you 200 MB space and 30 GB bandwidth FREE HOSTING!!!  PM me if you would like it

Just a question how are you doing this. Just curious

real

Your Mac can act as a server. You get as much space as you can hold.

Don't you need to upgrade your plans frist with your ISP before you are able to serve yourself?

Don't you need to upgrade your plans frist with your ISP before you are able to serve yourself?

no, you just have a long iP adress and ISp Recognition... But thats what domains are for.