Sign in to follow this  
bcitsme

osx, dock stuck

I have a mac mini, osx 10.45, 1gb ram & 1.42 Ghz processor. About three weeks ago, the dock stopped responding to the cursor. It wouldn't pop up when I brought the cursor down. If I brought the cursor down and right clicked it would pop up but not hide unless I left clicked ion the desk top. Also, Spotlight would activate suddenly without apparent cause. Long story short, I did a fresh install of the o/s and the problem stopped - until yesterday when it started doing the same thing again. Otherwise, the everything seems to be working ok. I used the disk utility to repair permissions but it didn't help. Does anyone have a clue about what would cause this?

All I can suggest, without Googleing for a while, is to verify, then repair permissions and zap the PRAM. See how it goes after a restart and take it from there.

This has happened to me also (1.42 GHz g4 MacMini, 512 MB RAM). try going into sleep mode, or logging off.

This sounds like a Mac Mini problem!

The dock and spotlight problem are still there after repairing permissions, zapping the pram, restarting and logging off. The logging off not only didn't do anything, it made it worse. Clicking on anything would activate Spotlight. Arghh. I guess I'll re-install the o/s again. Thanks to all for the suggestions.