Sign in to follow this  
blitz55

Happy switcher looking to my first Intel purchase

My earlier education began with an Apple II, but then college came and the move to PC became necessary. I worked through the early stages of windows from 3.1 to 95, 98 and XP. Each step into the depths of the other OS, brought new challenges and frustrations. Finally this year with all the virus and computer problems I decided to make the switch.

I stopped on my way home from work at the local Apple store and purchased a Mac Mini. It was out of the box plugged in to a KVM switch to be between my old PC and the mini. I was up and running within five minutes and surfing the net for Mac information. Witin a few weeks, I unplugged my PC and have not used it in months. I feel bad because I let my kids use it now. They will get my Mini when I upgrade to an Intel soon.

My only problem now is what to get next. I really like the IMac, but the Mac Book Pro is also getting my attention. If anyone has used the new Mac Book Pro, how does it compare to the IMac?

Well that's my store and I am glad to be a switcher. I only wish my school would switch to Mac.

I know someone with a MBP. Quite nice. But do realize that the MBP is for PRO MARKETS. You May want a Macbook (note the absence of pro.) if you are not in that market.

I know someone with a MBP. Quite nice. But do realize that the MBP is for PRO MARKETS. You May want a Macbook (note the absence of pro.) if you are not in that market.

If the MacBook is what it's rumored to be (13.3" Widescreen and a Core Duo processor, there are conflicting reports out there.) It would be a solid computer. I loved my iBook, but I fell in love with my MBP. I wanted the extra screen real estate and it's light years faster. Plus, I wanted a sort of "desktop replacement" as I do like to take it with me!

Come on Apple, release the MacBook (ibook) you know you want to.